Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Blood bowl league 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all im looking to set up a 2017 blood bowl season in the club
Regular season will start in January and end in August
Playoffs will begin in October allowing for the Grand final on the last or second last week before christmas
each player will play every player once
each player will play every player in their conference twice
you can play your matches in any order
Everyone will get to the playoffs
Each player will end the regular season with 13 games

Private message me with your team name and race
Start date: January or February 2017
If there are 12 people or more i will split it into 2 conferences each with equal numbers if we end up doing playoffs
I'd be up for this - looking to pick up the new edition when it's released.
Same here, I think a looser form of a league would work better with a minm. no of game you need to play a season. eg. 10 games over a year.
I'm picking the new version as well, so I'll be very up for this.

Agree with Chris Suggestion but will add another. Maybe work it like how my hockey league works, you play a home and away game against every team?
I am a noob, I have a team. Want to play but every two weeks would be too much. Too many other games to play Tongue
(28-10-2016, 10:41 PM)Agincourt Wrote: [ -> ]I am a noob, I have a team. Want to play but every two weeks would be too much. Too many other games to play Tongue

I already have my painted Lizards (if I can find them all,) so should be good to go. Personally I prefer the conference/playoff idea, but the form of divisions also isn't too bad. Do bad get relegated , do well get promoted.

Whilst I would agree with Paul every other week is a tad tight, the main thing is that you keep whatever you plan short and concise. Spread this over too long a period and people drift away. It already happens with everything else, and as a club we tend to congregate on a particular game for a short period of time. Personally over the past year, I've had periods where it's SAGA for a few months, then X-Wing before DZC took hold. Once Matts 2 month campaign ended the guys drifted to DFC (helped by it becoming available granted.) So stick to a 2-3 month and it's done for a year concept.

Head up a few of us will be busy with Saga at the start of the year.
yeah it was just an estimate (not the whole year), I was thinking about the conferences nfl style (where i got my idea from) but I will see what others say.
I do agree that it should be within a few months.

I was planning on it starting sometime around February or so because I need to get my figs and paint them. But yeah we will see how it goes Big Grin
There used to be a league form where you could play as many games as you wanted to, but only a certain amount would count for league points. So for instance, you needed to play 5 games against different opponents over the year. You could play the same opponent more than once, and your best score would count. Then after a set time, teams are put in a league format, and the top 4 or 8 would then qualify for a knockout, the winner being the league champion. That way you play as much, or as least, as you want, say from jan to October , then knockout from nov to dec.
(30-10-2016, 03:03 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: [ -> ]There used to be a league form where you could play as many games as you wanted to, but only a certain amount would count for league points. So for instance, you needed to play 5 games against different opponents over the year. You could play the same opponent more than once, and your best score would count. Then after a set time, teams are put in a league format, and the top 4 or 8 would then qualify for a knockout, the winner being the league champion. That way you play as much, or as least, as you want, say from jan to October , then knockout from nov to dec.

That's a good idea actually, i will keep that as a possible format for the league with playoffs
Can I join in too? I've never played beyond a quick go twenty years ago. I'm buying the new set but am hoping for a wood elf team.
Pages: 1 2