Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Bolt Action Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hie mon General,

Got in Himmel de Ingalandur is screaming like ein hosten of di crazee banshi...

I am happy to report our three quarter strong platoon successfully held off what seemed like a half platoon of crazy Englander commandos. The radio shack is still good. Only their Bazooka made it off the field.

Our shooting was quite incredible [loadz of 6s]

They charged our right flank, we destroyed their main squad.

However, justas we let up a mighty cheer, our entire right flank was completely destroyed to a man by their darned Howitzers... I can only believe they had a German traitor working their gun [even more 6s]. Two direct hits and the Luettenant and the 1st squad were blown completely off the earth.

They were brave, they sent reinforcements and even though for 10 seconds they gained access to the radio room, they died to a man. But, die they did...

We too took big losses, command and two infantry squads wiped, second squad that took back the radio room down to two men.

....days later

Mien general,

Danka for my new post. The platoon casualties have been replaced, first squad fully replaced with vets, second squad the true heros who won this battle with only two of my 23 infantrymen surviving, you only sent regular troops, this is bad, but 3rd squad, totally wiped out you sent no replacements. How am I supposed to support future actions...?

Steve - units that are destroyed and who roll a 1 for no replacements are they gone forever or do they get to roll for replacements after next battle?

Also after this bloody battle we felt the units that did survive should also have a chance to improve morale if they rolled a 6. Chance had it my mortar rolled 6 and improved from regs to vets - what do you think?

Recon now shows my platoon is down 12.8% (128) on points after first battle. Only the one veteran squad left big blow and the loss of a 7 man squad with 11 shots is a big hole.

What Is the bonus for winning????????
Sounds like a very bloody affair. You get to roll replacements for any missing squad after every battle. I like the idea of rolling a 6 for surviving squads. You want a bonus for winning, surely glory for the Furher should suffice!! How about you get an extra 100 pts to spend? So taking your force up to 1100pts, all army rules apply.
It was supposed to be an easy night duty for newly commissioned Lieutenant Otto von Splindendorff. but things had gone noisy very quickly. first they heard an almighty droning in the sky, the sparse flak illuminating what looked liked every aircraft ever built. Then what sounded like hell itself erupting, as the distant coast lit up with multiple explosions. Otto now received orders for his platoon to patrol along the road to wards the coast.
They encountered nothing as they approached the bridge at café la Prinz. remembering his training , Otto spread his men out. On his left 2 sections pushed up against the large cafe's walls. The door opened as the artillery observer, sniper, and mortar spotter rushed inside. In the centre , on the road, the MMG set up overlooking the bridge. His third section spread out on his right into a copse, and Otto and his runners followed.

A clanking and rumbling broke the morning silence, and a British Cromwell tank raced into view, followed by a jeep and jogging infantry. An enemy mortar screamed near to the MMG , as Ottos own mortar team set up to his rear.

The tank opened up on the MMg ,killing one crew member, its turret MMG opened up on 3 section in the copse pinning them.
the sniper climbed up onto the café roof and had to duck as an MMG opened up from the wood on the other side of the river.
again the tanks MMG's chattered, taking down 2 men in the copse, they in turn bravely rose up and let fly with 3 Panzerfausts, 2 missing, and the third striking the hull of the tank and deflecting harmlessly upwards.
Massed artillery screamed in , from both sides, making orders hard to understand. 2 section lost 4 men as they got caught in the open, the rest of the german left flank, scrabbling into cover. The German artillery landed on the road, but the British Para's were making good use of the cover, and came through unscathed.
The Cromwell, and jeep opened up on the German MMG and 3 section, pinning the former and killing 1 more of the latter. they in turn returned fire killing 2 Paras. On the German left flank, the Sniper received more incoming MMG fire, his cover diminishing by the minute.
The remainder of 2 section stepped forward and fired its Panzerfausts. Incredibly 2 missed, and the third bounced harmlessly away again!
At the third attempt the sniper rallied and managed to return fire , killing the British MMG gunner outright.
sensing time running out, the British charged across the Bridge, the tank leading, with the CO and a section close behind.
1 section now stepped forward and fired its anti tank weapons at the Cromwell. 1 missed, but this time 2 hit, stunning the crew and setting it on fire. The forward artillery observer and his men fired at the British officer, killing him, and wounding his men. But now it was too little too late, and with 3 section, all but wiped out, Otto ordered a withdrawal, living to fight another day.

A great game, my first one on one.Stu's Tank did its job, although I did have plenty of opportunity to destroy it. The British artillery hit 5 units, scoring at least 3 pins on most, whereas my artillery hit 5 units and only inflicted one pin on each.
3 section took fire every turn and was removed once getting its 10th pin. My Sniper and MMg, also were heavily pinned, but both managed to rally, and clear them. turn 5 was my best with the sniper removing the British MMG, and my observer taking out the British commander. Also managed to destroy the recce Jeep.
I rolled a 3 for 3 section, so they go down to Regular.
Now we regroup.
Nice write up...
It's carnage this game!
The sun cleared the horizon,and the young sentry rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stared at the cold grey sea. Then his mouth from open, and he rubbed his eyes again.As far as he could see, were ships, more ships than he thought could possibly exist in the world.

So this was the beach landing scenario, Stu ,Dan, Arif, Jim and Dave with 2000pts, against Paul , Simon and myself with 750 pts.

The Allies stormed up the beach, German mortars making new craters in the sand, until one round landing amongst the British Paras. The Allies returned fire, hitting men on the bluffs above.
Small arms fire was exchanged, screams mingling with cracks and bangs. Tanks now charged up churning up beach and defensive barricades.
A German mortar fell silent as Allied artillery opened up. In a staggering display of inter service rivalry, the Royal Marines reached the relative safety of the sea wall, but failed to blow a hole through. Egged on, Paras got there next, and with concrete and stone mushroomed into the air, they charged through the gap. The German platoon opposite, taken by surprise, sought out deeper cover, and failed to open fire.
The marines redeemed themselves and opened up their own entrance, and then bizarrely opening fire on their own men will on the beach!
Another German unit failed to fire on the Paras, so they charged the unit in the bunker,wiping them out, but suffering heavy casualties in return. The Marines took heavy fire before charging into the ruined seafront.
Two more explosions in the seawall heralded the arrival of the US infantry and Airborne.
The Germans were now being outflanked by the rampaging Royal Marines, and the battle of the beach was coming to an end. But not before a heroic last stand by a German mortarman, whom saw off first , some British Paras, then a squad of US Airborne.
A fantastic game full of exciting standout incidents and a lot of fun.

Arif, Jim and Dave all receive 33 pts each for the win