Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Alan's Hobby Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
And now for the scourge Smile

[Image: 2ec4505.jpg]

[Image: 2ev3vcp.jpg]
Second Heldrake done....I don't think I'll ever paint another one again! I painted most of it in time for Battlefield Birmingham (which I didn't get to go to thanks to work), and just finished some last details today.

[Image: 2cr3eko.jpg]

[Image: 142ugp4.jpg]
Just finished the first 10 models of my Space Marine army, 5 scouts and a 5 man tac marine squad.

[Image: 2m6o60k.jpg]

[Image: 10wlddy.jpg]
Wow Alan they are superb, A***** (that's an A with 5 stars) Big Grin
Just done two Aspiring Champions in MkIII armour for my Shadow War Armageddon kill team. The first guy is the basic bolt pistol and chainsword one, and the plasma pistol is hopefully the champions final form..hoping he survives a few missions and levels up to plasma pistol and power sword...although I've magnetised the wrist so can switch the plasma pistol out for basic bolt pistol.

[Image: 2na3048.jpg]

[Image: 2n1auqf.jpg]
5 more tactical marines done

[Image: 2zya806.jpg]
Test scheme for tempestus scions. I bought a box of them ages ago at Cally but haven't done anything with them since. With the 8th edition rules leak, and the cheapness of plasma I predict we'll see a lot of scions going with Astra Militarum armies in 8th. Being able to just turn up 9" away and unload a bucket of plasma in all directions seems good.

[Image: 16a8m0n.jpg]

It's a pretty simple scheme, designed to be quite quick to do. It's basically black primer, with zenithal highlight of vallejo German grey, followed by a thin wash of drakenhof nightshade. I then do the other base bits, so the metals, straps, bases etc and wash the lot with Nuln oil before then edge highlighting. The face mask and armour markings are just celestra grey.

I wanted to go for quite a spec-ops style sort of look that would be simple to reproduce across 15-20 models.
Looks good Alan!
Nice work Alan Cool
Just finished painting a ministorum priest in between working on all the tempestus scions that you can see behind him

[Image: 5eigqc.jpg]
[Image: 2hicj2h.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16