Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: 2014 Bloodbowl League.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok pulled from another post, and stickier here is the format for 2014.

Players do not need to sign-up. The league is open to anyone from February 1st thru October 30th, and new attendees at the club are welcome to join in.

1 - Coaches can play anybody they like any time, and in any order. Only exclusion no coach and team, may meet again, unless they have played at least THREE other coaches and teams in-between.
2 - Play-off games will be decided as follows. Depending on a teams position in the league, the top six teams are seeded 1-6. Seeds 3 and 6 Play, seeds 4 and 5 Play, with loser eliminated. Seed 1 then plays the lowest placed remaining seed, and seed 2 plays the other remaining seed, with the loser eliminated. Then the two remaining seeds meet in the championship game. (aka NFL Conference Post-season.)
3 - The leagues placing will be determined as follows. Wins count as 30 points, Draws 10 Points, Defeats 1 Point. You score an mean average of all points scored for games to rounded up to 1 decimal place (i.e 4 wins 2 draws 3 defeats is 143 points over 9 games. Mean average scored is 15.8 recurring which is 15.9.) Second tiebreaker is Touchdowns for, third tiebreaker is cumulative score differential, and final tiebreaker is games won.
4 - To be considered for a play-off seeding a coach and team MUST have played in 5 games over the course of the season.
5 - Main season to run from February 1st until October 31st 2014.

The league table format might seem complex, but once we start to get results in it should start to take shape.

I'll maintain results and tables on here, just post results in the thread, with players involves, teams used and result. If people want to get games in outside the club, that will be fine, but remember that both players, need to have played three other players and teams, between rematches.

Teams - Players are free to use one team at the start of the season, retire it and start using a new team. However starting a second team midseason, means you cannot go back to the first team at a later date. Players can play friendly games in which no player receives SPP, and no permanent injuries can be suffered, but results of these DO NOT COUNT, towards the league. Players using teams from 2013 league are free to do so, and their opponents will receive inducements as normal.

Redditch BB rules -
All NEW teams start with a Fan Factor of 5. This cannot be altered by spending GP however, Fan Factor will go up and down as normal, and it does not contribute to Team Value.
MVP may be selected by the teams coach, rather than randomly determined.

2014 League Table Link

Note this will take you to an image of the table.
Season kicked off with a 2 - 2 draw between myself (wood elves - Mirkwood Maulers) and BigRob's amazon team (sorry Rob can't remember your team name).

Brief game overview: amazons won the toss and elected to kick off. The wood elf catchers dodged through the small gap created by the wardancer, ball was thrown and caught and....touchdown turn 2! The amazons responded to the wood elf throwing game by running the ball and scoring late in the first half to equalise. Highlight was jordell fresh breeze leaping over a player to blitz the ball carrier only to head butt the turf and knock himself out (rolled a 1 for leap) - that's star player quality right there.

Second half and the amazons received, running the ball and doing as much damage as possible to the wood elf team who just couldn't get the ball off the amazons, despite knocking the ball carrier over early on. They scored a touchdown turn 7, leaving a late play possible for the Maulers. The elves dashed down the field, ball was handed off and the line woman sprinted for the line (2 go for its) scoring seconds before the final whistle for 2 all!

Great game Rob and I think I was very lucky to come out with a draw with a noob team against your season 1 champions.
Imported
Great write up and game. It's hard to stop you from scoring for sure. Buy an apoc. Soon!
(16-03-2014, 03:11 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: [ -> ]Great write up and game. It's hard to stop you from scoring for sure. Buy an apoc. Soon!

Yeah pretty sure I will be spending my winnings on one!
(16-03-2014, 06:58 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2014, 03:11 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: [ -> ]Great write up and game. It's hard to stop you from scoring for sure. Buy an apoc. Soon!

Yeah pretty sure I will be spending my winnings on one!

He didn't need one yesterday, but he did finish the game with 5 players on the field.
Yeah great game, I took a bit of a battering and ended up losing 1 - 2 to the Dark Elves. I scored turn 2 in the first half but hardly touched the ball after that, Gareth's defence was pretty tough to get through and although I had a couple of chances they didn't materialise. Gonna have to think up a new game plan against a team that battens down the hatches like that. My wood elves spent too much time in contact with the dark elf line and really can't stand up to that sort of pounding!

On the plus side, my wardancer picked up the strip ball skill, and no-one died!
(16-04-2014, 09:05 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]On the plus side, my wardancer picked up the strip ball skill, and no-one died!

Although the number of times she fell on her face whilst leaping, its a shame Sure-Feet wouldn't allow her a re-roll.
Played my first league game against Chris' Elves.

Draw 1-1

With a mighty touch down play on the last turn.

EDIT *Gareth - Table updated.*
Yep, good game Dave, I prevented Dave scoring in the first half, possesion went back and forth and I managed to score late on. Second half I was receiving so was pretty confident, managed to get deep in Dave's half then my Wardancer tripped over trying to dodge while running for the line (needing a 2+, with the dodge skill, I rolled a 1 followed by a 1...)

Dave took the ball, possesion again went back and forth and I failed a ctach on my last turn, Dave made a great play and managed to equalise in the dying minutes!

My wardancer was saved from dying by my apothecary, my thrower skilled up and took the sure hands skill, and I bought a second reroll with my winnings. Bring on the next game!
Pages: 1 2