Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Ben (the new one) hobby log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Right so theres a bit of a back log, i may have gone slightly nuts in buying a few too many pieces but i have a plan (and a very understanding wife) so here goes...

the backlog

Death Guard force 1500-1750 points
Typhus
Nurgle sorcerer (festus model) (done)
5 nurgle terminators
30 plague marines
10 Havocs
3 mutilators (i painted one over the weekend so only 2 now)
3 obliterators
2 chaos spawn
FW blight drone (Done)
30 cultists

Necromunda
10 man orlock gang (3 Done, 7 to go)
10 man Redemptionist gang (these will also be used as cultists)

Grey Knights
6 terminators
1 inquisitorial chimera

Dark Angels
4 ravenwing (3 done)
9 tac marines (done)
4 heavy weapon marines (done)
all the HQ's from the Dark vengeance set (done)
Land speeder vengeance
Dark shroud
8 DW knights (done)
6 Black knights (done)
Asmodai
Dark Talon (started)

Blood bowl
Entire 16 ?man? goblin team

targets.
all the DA stuff i want to use in Battlefield Birmingham has to be done by then. so they're the priority, a lot of that will be influenced by the new codex on Jan 12th so i'll revise then...

after that i want to finish the inquisition force, and then start thinking about the Death Guard army.
Thats a hell of a list! Looking forward to seeing what you produce! Big Grin
So, started on a few bits to work out my colour scheme for the Nurgle Death guard army.

Custom built mutilator
[Image: 8333328641_913d72ea6d_n.jpg]
Death guard nurgle by SimianSpy, on Flickr
(i've since finished the toes and the bones etc)
and

Nurgle Sorcerer
[Image: 8334386080_87458dee3d_n.jpg]
Death guard nurgle by SimianSpy, on Flickr

Now back to the ravenwing
Looking fantastic, I really like the Sorcerer.
(01-01-2013, 07:27 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]Looking fantastic, I really like the Sorcerer.

What Rob said - nice work.
Very Impressive! Quite a list to get through, be amazing when they all look as good as this! haha
Cheers for comments.
(02-01-2013, 03:44 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Very Impressive! Quite a list to get through, be amazing when they all look as good as this! haha
Yeah it is quite a list, lots of it is old metal stuff from when i last played in the 90's some of it is new, and the rest is ebay (a good chunk of it from my well meaning wife)....however as i paint on average about 2 models a week i could be struggling.

as i said, goals are ravenwing and DA tac squad/devastator squad for tournament. then nurgle force.
a question for you all, i need to put the blight drone on a flying base but its pretty heavy and i dont trust the flimsy plastic supports. anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? also im looking for a 60mm resin flying base and there doesn't seem to be many options anyone know of a company that makes them?
I've seen other flying things attached to scenic bases, like ruins/rocks etc.
(02-01-2013, 04:28 PM)Simian Wrote: [ -> ]a question for you all, i need to put the blight drone on a flying base but its pretty heavy and i dont trust the flimsy plastic supports. anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? also im looking for a 60mm resin flying base and there doesn't seem to be many options anyone know of a company that makes them?

Brass rod and a wooden base?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8