Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Stuart's Log of Hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I've assembled everything from The Hobbit: Escape From Goblin Town, and fully painted (quickshaded) Bilbo and Gandalf. Might batch up some goblins next and quickshade a few in one go.
Ditched the quickshade approach for the goblins - it didn't look right. Gone for a wash & drybrush instead.
watched the hobbit last night, it's inspiring me to get some models!
(30-12-2012, 06:06 PM)Embolden Wrote: [ -> ]watched the hobbit last night, it's inspiring me to get some models!

Yeah, figured I'd try and surf the wave of post-movie inspiration and endeavour to get the entire set painted.
Gandalf & Bilbo - white primer, very watered-down base coat, strong quickshade applied with a brush, and finally a quick application of Testors Dullcote to get rid of the sheen. No highlighting.

[attachment=533]
They look amazing mate!
Cheers Rob, pretty happy with them given the simplicity and speed of the technique that Andy described.
Goblin King done, along with three of his minions.
(31-12-2012, 07:29 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Goblin King done, along with three of his minions.

Wuhoo! Coming along nicely!
Three more Goblins polished off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19