Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: What is a Good Starter Deck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have just played a few games with some friend over the weekend using some of their spare decks.

But now I would like to create a deck of my own.

What is a Good Starter Deck to start with.

I seemed to do well with White, Black or Red Mana, so maybe thinking of a Black & White deck.
A good starter deck for some learning to play I'd normally suggest a creature deck, more than often a green stompy deck since then they only have to worry about getting mana out and casting and attacking. If you think you are sure of the basics then it comes down to the style of play you prefer as any resonably build deck can win it just depends on luck and your skills as a player.

Black and white can be a really powerful mix and very versatile as well, I've played B&W flyer decks both small and big flyers, swarm decks, denile decks, deck depletion decks, etc. The two colours combined can make pretty much most types of decks very well.

If you are just starting out then it really comes down to what cards you have to build your decks, though some of the theme decks out to buy are pretty good so its worth having a look at them for a base to start expanding on .
I have managed to get old of a deck and a few extra cards from a friend.

Would like to learn how to play the game better if anyone is willing to teach me.
I'll give you a game sometime if you want, i've only just started learning it myself really
Nick, I accept your challenge

The other half got me a load of cards of eBay so I would like to learn the rules to a decent standard before trying to build my own deck.