Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Painting Participation League - Input Needed* NOW IN PROGRESS!
In the event I did do the spend-your-points-for-small-prizes thing what would everyone want to see as prizes?
I was thinking modelling and basing supplies (flock, paints, brushes, glue, green stuff, scenic bases, base furniture like tiny barrels)

I'd love to find out what you actually want though to see what’s feasible ect.
Or whether you'd rather a monthly most points earned prize like a terrain piece or a whole pack of bases.
I wouldn't go to OTT with the prizes!

If I was ever to win anything I wouldn't want anything more than a paint brush or a paint of my choice... or maybe give a limit of 1 item under £3?

Could you get total wargamer to sponsor this at all?

Meant to comment on this earlier, but there is a couple of ways i can see to do this-
1 - keep as you mentioned but keep prizes to a min maybe a scenic base, paint brush or pot of paint etc.
2 - monthly fee of say £1 - £2 that goes towards prize support?

Not sure how keen people would be on 2, but at £1 or £2 a month, would mean increased prize support funds (and bigger prizes!) and more importantly make sure you are not out pocket Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(10-08-2012, 08:14 AM)Embolden Wrote: Could you get total wargamer to sponsor this at all?

I have thought of this, and its a possibility if i can think of a way to tie it to TWG. Though i'm in a fairly unique position with Simon working there too! Tongue All the paints and any larger prizes will come from here thats for certain.

I'm not so hot on an entry fee as for me the idea is to get people who don't usually paint involved, and i want those who frequent the forum but can't get to the club very often to be able to take part too.

I'm mentally drafting all the possibilities, going to work on getting some of them on paper tonight and tomorrow. It is looking possible for lots of small prizes like single bases and small packets flock as i was first suggesting, at a rate of 2.5 a month average for each participant presuming no more then 30 people play.
I'm good with numbers and intend to 'bulk' buy the prizes (i can always use them myself if this league falls on its face) and have a seller that i may be able to work out a deal with that I've bought lots off him before. He makes bases, base furniture like barrels and small terrain peices that are all wonderfully detailed.

Good to know i was on track with suggestion, now i just have to work my magic on the numbers. ^_^
(10-08-2012, 11:05 AM)Meebs Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 08:14 AM)Embolden Wrote: Could you get total wargamer to sponsor this at all?
He makes bases, base furniture like barrels and small terrain peices that are all wonderfully detailed.

That could be the pot of gold, maybe he could sponsor and supply some small prize support, in return you could draft up a particaption poster with his site on to get him some business?

Maybe even supply a few painted pieces that could be used in the photos of the winning models with a comment on the redwar site mentiong he supplied scenery?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
think all those prizes you mentioned sound great, I could always do with new brushes and sceic bases sound nice!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(10-08-2012, 11:14 AM)manrogue Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 11:05 AM)Meebs Wrote:
He makes bases, base furniture like barrels and small terrain peices that are all wonderfully detailed.
That could be the pot of gold, maybe he could sponsor and supply some small prize support, in return you could draft up a particaption poster with his site on to get him some business?

This may indeed be an option. Got to contact him first ^_^ and before that i kind of need to get it running Tongue