Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deathwatch
Are we just sticking to the standard book for now? Was looking at some of the Imperial Fists abilities from First Founding, Indomitable Defense doesnt look too bad. Also trying to think of how to spend my Requisition points, thinking about a Chainsword (5), Diagnostor Helmet (15) and a Jump Pack (maybe). Not really sure what to spend the other 25 points on. Pain Suppressant doses maybe, not sure how injured we are likely to end up Tongue
(24-09-2012, 09:54 AM)Nick Wrote: Are we just sticking to the standard book for now? Was looking at some of the Imperial Fists abilities from First Founding, Indomitable Defense doesnt look too bad. Also trying to think of how to spend my Requisition points, thinking about a Chainsword (5), Diagnostor Helmet (15) and a Jump Pack (maybe). Not really sure what to spend the other 25 points on. Pain Suppressant doses maybe, not sure how injured we are likely to end up Tongue

I've chosen a Sniper Rifle from the Rites of Passage book, so hopefully that's allowed. Will find out tomorrow.

Mk IV Sniper Rifle.
Auto Sense Goggles.
Camo Cloak.
Astartes Combat Webbing.

Think we'll have to allow stuff from rites of battle Nick, since thats where the Imperial Fists are :-p
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(27-09-2012, 07:59 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Think we'll have to allow stuff from rites of battle Nick, since thats where the Imperial Fists are :-p

Yeah i know that, but i was looking at the updated and added Chapter Abilities in First Founding.
Can someone explain why Bolters do far more damage than Plasma weapons to me? Seems a little off....
never noticed that Nick but yeah average rolls puts the plasma gun one point less, however the extra 3 penetration goes a long way to help even it up, plus the volitile trait means you have greater chance of doing extra damage with the plasma gun.

also read the description of plasma weapons and they can fire on maximal setting for an extra 10m range, +1D10 damage, +2 pemetration but it uses 3 ammo has to recharge and can over heat.
If you want something from first founding let me know and ill look it up since I dont own a physical copy of that book yet mate but in theory no reason why stuff cant be used xx

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Yeah, but firing on Max setting means you skip a turn shooting, and as the Plasma can't use full auto fire it means the average damage of the Bolter should far outstrip the Plasma gun, as to get the extra damage from the Plasma you still have to roll a 10, which can be done on the Bolter too. I just thought it was a bit weird, i could understand the Bolter having a higher rate of fire and being better for larger numbers of squishy things if the Plasma had much better punch for a single target....but it doesn't really, which is a shame as i'm rather fond of Plasma and Melta weapons. No point splashing out 20 points for one if my FREE Bolter does more damage XD
Its worth pointing out that energy damage tends to do worse critical hit results at than explosive at the same levels in some cases so even the same amount of damage dealt by each gun can have different results but yes its strange that plasmas do slightly less than bolters, ill check the errata later and see if they've amended it

Can we have a game of 'Pin the Nid on the Squishy' next time we meet Wink
It would depend which squishy?
ok guys the reknown gain for the last adventure was 5 .
Also you gain an extra 1100 experience on that which I already awarded you.

Also I've ordered a copy of First Founding so that should make it easy if people want to use stuff from that book .