Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda tales...
pasted from the message I sent initially..

Excerpt told to caravan guard, regarding next stop on the route.

“It used to be called the ‘Bay of the Great Tide’ years ago, some local told me. Now though, it’s just called Tide mouth. Used to be one of the safer bays around the Sump Sea, fewer…. Hell, fewer monsters, cleaner dirt, you name it! No surprise a settlement grew there. Talk has it that the first one’s there were 6 families, all got sick of the life in Rust Falls, and so they went out to find somewhere new. They then founded the port of Oxide Sands. Was a trading port mostly, used by the caravans that followed around the settlements on the Sump Sea. Some used boats and skiffs, other just lugged their stuff from place to place, but it soon got on the routes. Used to be run by ol’ Pirone, had a decent enough watering hole, and he had a few girls running, but it was all class. Had a few boys, just to stop trouble, he kept everything rolling along.

Now, it’s another hole of thieves, bars, whores, and all the slops that live down here, just like me. I used to be a hauler, worked for a Ulanti house merchant back in the day, selling her wares to the locals. Then, I forget which arrived first, a couple of gangs found their way through the rust field. They had fought their way over, looking for some archeotech, or fungal horde, and found themselves in a town which was just looking to make a quiet few creds, and keep going.

They both attacked, one from one side, the other opposite, and just went hell for leather at each other, trying to claim everything. Well, Pirone came walking out with his boys, cool as you like, hefting an almighty heavy stubber, and took down half of them without beating a sweat. The rest, they grabbed the injured, and they ran. T’was a good day all in.

But then they came back, they’d teamed up, worked out if they carved the town up between them, they’d both make a few creds. Nothing could do any good, Pirone and his boys were shot, put up as a warning to others, and from there, the town went to ruin. I remember last drop we made here, pulling up, went to pay taxes to Pirone, and got told the tale. Ran back to the boat, but no good, it was already gone through, and was being stripped.

Since then, well, that’s it, I’m just drinking, and fixing to die quiet somewhere. Maybe see if I can keep hold of my few credits. But now, well, I think I’ll keep on drinking.”
What do we need?
We'll need biscuits, lots of biscuits......

Angry_Panda's website, it's not big, smart, or clever (or even finished for that matter!) but it's mine!!!

http://angrypandasbit.weebly.com/

If you want to play a game of something i own, then just ask!

Messages In This Thread
Necromunda tales... - by Angry_Panda - 23-07-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Necromunda tales... - by jaqenhgar - 26-07-2012, 09:23 AM
RE: Necromunda tales... - by Stuart - 26-07-2012, 09:57 AM
RE: Necromunda tales... - by Angry_Panda - 26-07-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: Necromunda tales... - by Angry_Panda - 29-07-2012, 01:12 AM