Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda tales...
I thought to start getting people into the mood for the underhive, I'd post up a few of the things I had written in the past, just to give a bit of flavour!

Teve knew he was in trouble when the shots started ricocheting off the rusted bulkhead he was crouching behind. When the boss said they should start digging here, he knew it was going to be trouble. Deep in the Witches territory, it was only a matter of time. If they could get in and out quick enough though, they’d have the horde the old Ratskin was talking about. It was all going well until they heard a crack, and watched as Boss slumped down, single shot neatly in the back of his head. The boys spread out, leaving the youngsters digging. That’s when they found that the Witches had come in force. Now, they were all crouching in cover, and hoping a break might come their way. He risked losing his head as he quickly glanced oout of cover, seeing 2 of the Escher witches running towards their dig site.

”damn them..” he muttered, firing 3 rounds towards them before taking to his heels in their direction. He watched as one of the shots hit the second in the shoulder spinning her round as the second hit solid in the body, knocking her to the ground. He ran, jumping the body, not knowing if she was dead, or about to lunge at him, but he was focused on the other one now. The first turned, taking aim at him with her pistol as he fired wildly in her direction with his autogun. He felt the bullet strike his arm as he watched the line of bullets hit her from stomach to left shoulder. She fell, frothing blood as he jumped into the hole they had dug.

”How are we?” he asked, 2 of the guys were covering the Juves, who were hastily filling sacks with the newly discovered old tech.
”About 3 minutes, then we’ve got all we can.” shouted Shiv as he opened up with his Heavy Stubber keeping the witches heads down. “If we can get cover over to the back, we can make a break for it.”
”Anyone else around?” shouted Teve as the heavy stubber stopped. Calls from all around confirmed his suspicions, there were only a few left. ‘Right then’ he thought ‘lets do this then.’

He motioned to the Juves to follow, turning to Shiv
”Shiv, give us 5 seconds to get to the cover back there, we’ll cover you from there. Hopefully, anyone else will see what we do, and follow.”
Shiv nodded, and as Teve began to stand opened up across the Witches position, taking one down who was too slow back into cover. The others ran, weaving their wat to the cover behind them, before turning, and firing across the dig site. Teve watched as Shiv hurled himself out of the hole, pounding towards them, another couple of boys ran towards them. ‘Rest must be dead’ he figured, as the remaining members began to fall back to their territory, bags of loot safely aquired. ‘Guess the gangs mine now!’ he smiled to himself…
What do we need?
We'll need biscuits, lots of biscuits......

Angry_Panda's website, it's not big, smart, or clever (or even finished for that matter!) but it's mine!!!

http://angrypandasbit.weebly.com/

If you want to play a game of something i own, then just ask!
Nice story Angry Panda, keep em comin'!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
What Chris said - keep it coming! Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
pasted from the message I sent initially..

Excerpt told to caravan guard, regarding next stop on the route.

“It used to be called the ‘Bay of the Great Tide’ years ago, some local told me. Now though, it’s just called Tide mouth. Used to be one of the safer bays around the Sump Sea, fewer…. Hell, fewer monsters, cleaner dirt, you name it! No surprise a settlement grew there. Talk has it that the first one’s there were 6 families, all got sick of the life in Rust Falls, and so they went out to find somewhere new. They then founded the port of Oxide Sands. Was a trading port mostly, used by the caravans that followed around the settlements on the Sump Sea. Some used boats and skiffs, other just lugged their stuff from place to place, but it soon got on the routes. Used to be run by ol’ Pirone, had a decent enough watering hole, and he had a few girls running, but it was all class. Had a few boys, just to stop trouble, he kept everything rolling along.

Now, it’s another hole of thieves, bars, whores, and all the slops that live down here, just like me. I used to be a hauler, worked for a Ulanti house merchant back in the day, selling her wares to the locals. Then, I forget which arrived first, a couple of gangs found their way through the rust field. They had fought their way over, looking for some archeotech, or fungal horde, and found themselves in a town which was just looking to make a quiet few creds, and keep going.

They both attacked, one from one side, the other opposite, and just went hell for leather at each other, trying to claim everything. Well, Pirone came walking out with his boys, cool as you like, hefting an almighty heavy stubber, and took down half of them without beating a sweat. The rest, they grabbed the injured, and they ran. T’was a good day all in.

But then they came back, they’d teamed up, worked out if they carved the town up between them, they’d both make a few creds. Nothing could do any good, Pirone and his boys were shot, put up as a warning to others, and from there, the town went to ruin. I remember last drop we made here, pulling up, went to pay taxes to Pirone, and got told the tale. Ran back to the boat, but no good, it was already gone through, and was being stripped.

Since then, well, that’s it, I’m just drinking, and fixing to die quiet somewhere. Maybe see if I can keep hold of my few credits. But now, well, I think I’ll keep on drinking.”
What do we need?

Angry_Panda's website, it's not big, smart, or clever (or even finished for that matter!) but it's mine!!!

Okay, while I'm in work, hopefully, I'll get another one written...

If it's only half done... blame customers, not me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Harker knew he could make the shot. He'd crawled through the damned vents following the Ratskin scout, and finally come out in the perfect position. He turned to his two companions, one in the robes of a fellow gang member, the other in scavenged rags, totems and furs.
"You were true to your word Ratskin, now take your money and be gone, the sight of you offends my eyes."
"As you wish, and like I said, no one could get here unless they were shown." The Ratskin flashed a quick smile, before vanishing back into the darkness. Harker turned, from here he could see the whole of the Goliath's mob dotted out across the dome floor. He hefted his Needle Rifle to his eye, and looked through the scope to get a better view.
He watched as the Leader of the mob, and giant of a man called only Rex, bellowed at a couple of juves. From this far, he couldn't hear the words, only the actions as he backhanded one, knocking them to the floor whilst the others pointed, laughter on the faces. The two juves quickly ran from the area, heading away to some rusted bulkheads that could be seen. Unimportant, he thought, much bigger prey to be caught.

He scanned over the area, picking up the occasional Goliath milling around, firing into the air, kicking at random bolts on the floor. He moved back to the leader, watching for his moment.

"It's nearly time brother." said Siglid, his fellow Cawdor member. Siglid was his support, and if things really hit the fan, he was greatful he had someone solid to rely on. Then again, the passage through the vents was long and twisted, he supposed no one would be able to follow them.
"Agreed brother, when it's the time, give me the signal." said Harker, assuming his position at the scope once more.

A few minutes later, Siglid gently tapped his shoulder and pointed. He scanned the scope over to see members of his gang walking towards the Goliaths, 2 other goliaths with them, bags over their heads, hands tied. Harker knew his task, and had to wait until the right moment. He watched as the Goliaths and Cawdor faced up against each other, words were spoken, he couldn't hear, but the reaction and roar of anger from the Goliath echoed around the dome. he quickly cocked his rifle, and took aim on the Goliath heavy. He waited, poised for the perfect moment.

Next thing he heard was a wet thump sound behind him, he began to turn, but resisted the urge, he had to focus. Siglid would cover him, that was what was agreed.
Suddenly, pain flared up as a boot caught him in the ribs, he heard at least 2 snap as he was rolled over. He saw the Ratskin who had guided them here stood with the two juves, one pulling an axe from the skull of Siglid with a snarl on his face, the other stood above him, las pistol aimed directly at him. He didn't even hear the trigger, or feel the initial heat. His last thought was;

'No one could get here, unless they were shown....'
What do we need?