Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda Campaign
Sign up here for the Necromunda Campaign to run from the beginning of September 2012.

Rules can be found for free on the GW website:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conten...=21500022a

Once you've signed up, post gang rosters on the other thread - 'gang rosters and campaign rules'. Some of us are also using the Yakromunda website to post our gang and history of battles etc: http://www.yakromunda.com/index.php?page=intro

models can be found on GW website or ebay. (or can be proxied as long as they are the right size and it's clear what they are armed with).

As gangs fight, they accumulate wealth, territories, skills and injuries (bit like Bloodbowl). Nice modelling opportunities beckon - your model loses an eye? Give it an eyepatch for the next game! Gang member gets captured? Fight to rescue them!

Roll up, roll up! Come and battle in the underhive!

More campaign details to follow in August.

Currently we have:

Stuart - 'The Grey Area Gang' (House Delaque)
Chris - 'The Undertakers' (House Cawdor)
Vince - 'The Mad Capsules' (House Escher)
Angry Panda - 'The Triumphant Illegitimates' (House Orlock)
NoisySteve - House Cawdor or Van Saar
Mick - House Escher
Tom H - 'The Grizzlys' (House Delaque)
Jimbobabob - 'The David Bashers' (House Goliath)
Justin - Spyrers
Ben (mooglemania) - 'The Infinite Staircase Jezebels' (house escher)
Simon R - Redemptionists
Paul - 'Bomber Command' (House Van Saar)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Should we name our gangs? If so I'll call my Delaque crew "The Grey Area Gang".
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
OK mine shall be named 'The Undertakers'

Feel free to make up some background for your gang!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
if your allowing doubles, I'll potentially join. If not I pass. However Escher were my gang when I played in 1995. Then Spyrers, but they were broken.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I can't see any reason why we can't have 2 of the same gang, with the different things that will happen they will end up being very different!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(19-07-2012, 04:26 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Feel free to make up some background for your gang!

Nice idea - I'll have a read of the rules and glean a general background to the Underhive for some inspiration!

(19-07-2012, 05:37 PM)Gareth Wrote: if your allowing doubles, I'll potentially join. If not I pass. However Escher were my gang when I played in 1995. Then Spyrers, but they were broken.

Yep that's fine, they're gangs after all and there's plenty of in-house fighting in the Underhive! I'll put your name down.

Yeah I tried out the Spyrers way back, and they were way overpowered. Pretty good fun playing them though.
I briefly had spyrers as well, then realised how silly games with them were....

I think I will definitely go Orlock (well, Orlock-ish...

with...

"The Triumphant Illegitimates"
What do we need?
We'll need biscuits, lots of biscuits......

Angry_Panda's website, it's not big, smart, or clever (or even finished for that matter!) but it's mine!!!

http://angrypandasbit.weebly.com/

If you want to play a game of something i own, then just ask!
Angry Panda suggested making some terrain for the campaign - anyone fancy having a go - we could probably do with more terrain, especially multi-level stuff and piles of abandoned crates/oil drums etc.

For some ideas Angry Panda was talking about a gangs home teritory: '..bunk houses, secure stash, Leaders hut, armoury etc... which are all individual buildings, and then an external wall (or fence, or anything similar) which acts as the boundary to the headquarters.....Plus, from having a quick browse of the rulebook earlier, something that could represent a trading caravan would be useful, have a cowboys and indians vibe for a game?'
Always up for more scenery - the club could do with some more generally. We've got a good amount of foamboard for constructing some buildings, and I'm planning to pick up some sheets of 3mm MDF from Wickes which could be used to make some multi-level platforms. I've also got some large cardboard tubes that would make good guard post "nodes" between sections of fence (I'll bring some along next week - probably easier to show the idea than try to describe it).

I'm happy to set aside a week at the club to build some scenery.