Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda Campaign
(05-09-2012, 10:14 PM)manrogue Wrote: Sent an invite to Stu's gang, anyone else manage to get there gang up let me know and will invite you as well.

Nice one - I'm in!

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
OK Vince can you invite me to the campaign? The Undertakers are on there now!

My gang rating seems to be 20 points higher than it should be, because the start up cost of a hand flamer for house cawdor is 15 creds, whereas buying it from a trading post is 20 creds, and i have 4 hand flamers. not sure what to do about this? Should I count it as the higher or lower gang rating for games?
also, how do you get the link to say your gang name rather than the website address?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(06-09-2012, 10:18 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK Vince can you invite me to the campaign? The Undertakers are on there now!

My gang rating seems to be 20 points higher than it should be, because the start up cost of a hand flamer for house cawdor is 15 creds, whereas buying it from a trading post is 20 creds, and i have 4 hand flamers. not sure what to do about this? Should I count it as the higher or lower gang rating for games?
also, how do you get the link to say your gang name rather than the website address?
Just need to Change your outlaw bit at the top Chris (click edit then select normal) for me to add you.
To get the HTML just clink link at the top and Copy paste Smile

While reading through the FAQ's i spotted this on Flamers-
Q: Can the flames from the 'flamer' template shoot through a solid barrier or bulkhead? [2005]
A: A solid bulkhead cannot be shot through and no attempt can be made otherwise because you need LOS to target per the 'Who can Shoot' rules on page 13 or the ORB.

Q: How are partially hit targets worked out when a flamer targets a fighter partially behind a solid bulkhead? [2005]
A: Partially hit targets follow the rules for partially hit targets on ORB page 20. Even though the bulkhead is solid the target is still partially hit. Follow the rules and see if the subsequent rolls are successful.

Clears up some of the confusion we had on the Flamers on Tuesday night and worth bearing in mind as a few of us have flamers!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
And another one that will make you Happy-

Q: If my weapon explodes based on a failed ammunition check, the rules on page 28 are not too clear, is the weapon permanently destroyed?
A: No. Although it is unclear in how page 28 will be interpreted by individuals, the 2005 NRC determined that the spirit of the rules as they were written was that the weapons were not usable for the remained of the game and will be repaired in time for the next game. It is too much of a hit to a gang to have the weapon permanently destroyed.
Blood bowl Skaven
Can't decide whether to go for the hot shot power pack i rolled for on my rare or another Juve.......
Got the the hot shot listed at the min on my gang roster. Probelm with the juve is can only equip her with a sword, though i could take pistol off one of the gangers....
Blood bowl Skaven
Thanks Vince, sorted on yakromunda now.

so I'm still a bit confused by the flamer thing tbh. was how we played it OK, cos I targetted one of your guys but the other two were partially covered and rolled for, but I couldn't see them at all. they weren't partially behind it, but fully behind it!

the exploding weapons thing makes a lot of sense. The gangers just fix the weapon in time for the next battle. otherwise when your heavy stubber blows up you've just lost 120pts off your gang, no coming back from that.

Personally i think you should go for the Juve. the good thing about the lasgun is it's relaible so should keep firing all game, the pack makes it very likely to fail the ammo roll if you hit on a 6 (just converts it into a bolter really), for +1S so wounding on 3 instead of 4, not massively better in game terms. An extra model could be game changing though, especially if she's sneaky! and she'd fit with your list cos you like to close with all those swords...can always get a pistol after the next game and she'll start earning experience sooner if you buy her now, or like you say take a pistol off one of the gangers.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(06-09-2012, 05:25 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Thanks Vince, sorted on yakromunda now.

so I'm still a bit confused by the flamer thing tbh. was how we played it OK, cos I targetted one of your guys but the other two were partially covered and rolled for, but I couldn't see them at all. they weren't partially behind it, but fully behind it!

the exploding weapons thing makes a lot of sense. The gangers just fix the weapon in time for the next battle. otherwise when your heavy stubber blows up you've just lost 120pts off your gang, no coming back from that.

Personally i think you should go for the Juve. the good thing about the lasgun is it's relaible so should keep firing all game, the pack makes it very likely to fail the ammo roll if you hit on a 6 (just converts it into a bolter really), for +1S so wounding on 3 instead of 4, not massively better in game terms. An extra model could be game changing though, especially if she's sneaky! and she'd fit with your list cos you like to close with all those swords...can always get a pistol after the next game and she'll start earning experience sooner if you buy her now, or like you say take a pistol off one of the gangers.
Gone for the Juve and swapped some weapons around to give her a stub gun and sword.
My interpretation of the flamer rule is that you can only target and hit models that you have LoS of and not anything behind a solid object.
It should really have only hit my shotgunner, as the other 2 were behind a solid object with no LoS, meaning they can't get hit.
If it wasn't a solid object (ie bulkhead with gaps) or you could partially see them we would have done it right.
It never really had a massive impact on our game so its no worries, but its worth clearing it up as a few of us have flamers in our gangs. Smile

Blood bowl Skaven
(06-09-2012, 06:16 PM)manrogue Wrote: My interpretation of the flamer rule is that you can only target and hit models that you have LoS of and not anything behind a solid object.
It should really have only hit my shotgunner, as the other 2 were behind a solid object with no LoS, meaning they can't get hit.
If it wasn't a solid object (ie bulkhead with gaps) or you could partially see them we would have done it right.
It never really had a massive impact on our game so its no worries, but its worth clearing it up as a few of us have flamers in our gangs. Smile

OK, that sounds fine for future, will probably never come up again now!
(06-09-2012, 10:18 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: also, how do you get the link to say your gang name rather than the website address?

Copy and paste this into your sig Chris, taking away the hash (2nd character highlighted red)-
[#url=http://www.yakromunda.com/gang/6129/the-undertakers]The Undertakers[/url]
Blood bowl Skaven
Nice one, thanks Vince Smile