Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
I don't even think Termies are that strong as most strike last(due to fists and hammers, not tried my claws yet to see if they make much of a difference), meaning that if you hit them hard in assualt with a charge, you are gonna smash that unit up(1/6 chance of failing armour save). Personally, i like the new changes, i always thought it was stupid that power weapons flat out denied you an armour save. Having AP values on them makes sense.
It was one of the reasons i wasn't keen on termies in 5th, charge in with my lightning claw termies and chaplain, maybe eat a unit up, die next turn in the counter charge by that unit with power weapons that cost a quarter of your points.
Think the new rules make it far more balanced against most armies.
As i posted above, DE are due a new FAQ soon making Husk blades AP2 so they will have a unit that can chew up termies.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
What are people making of the new psychic powers? I’m having quite a bit of fun with the Divination powers, but is anyone trying something different ?

The new Perils rules make it quite a risk for characters with low wound counts or have already taken wounds, re- GK Terminators or Space Marine Librarians.

Still not had a proper play with the new psychic powers, the next thing i plan on doing.
Blood bowl Skaven
yeah I have had a termie squad wiped by charging hormagaunts before they could strike back so lots of attacks in combat gets them as well.

I'm not sure about the new psychic powers, tried them in two games (both divination) and they were good first game (4+ inv save on tac squad) and useless in the second (re-roll hit, both missiles hit anyway, and then perilled and died cos already wounded - that was a 150pt termie librarian!)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(02-08-2012, 10:21 AM)manrogue Wrote: I don't even think Termies are that strong as most strike last(due to fists and hammers, not tried my claws yet to see if they make much of a difference), meaning that if you hit them hard in assualt with a charge, you are gonna smash that unit up(1/6 chance of failing armour save). Personally, i like the new changes, i always thought it was stupid that power weapons flat out denied you an armour save. Having AP values on them makes sense.
It was one of the reasons i wasn't keen on termies in 5th, charge in with my lightning claw termies and chaplain, maybe eat a unit up, die next turn in the counter charge by that unit with power weapons that cost a quarter of your points.
Think the new rules make it far more balanced against most armies.
As i posted above, DE are due a new FAQ soon making Husk blades AP2 so they will have a unit that can chew up termies.
Husk Blades are 35 point character upgrade, only available to Archons and Haemonculi. The buff is still nice, as it means that Archons can now fullfil one of their roles as character assassins, where before i feel they would struggle to get past any HQ with a 2+ save (most space marines, mega armoured orks, necrons etc etc). What Chris said pretty much sums up what i've been trying to say. I don't dislike 6th edition at all, and i do like the look of the new rules quite a lot, and i think it looks a lot more fun than 5th edition. I just didn't like how some of the rules looked for my prefered playstyle for DE, as i liked a balanced army with both assault and shooting elements, and i felt that the new rule set would put me at an arbitrary disadvantage simply for not going all out shooty, or spamming the few units that got buffed to the exclusion of all else. One of the reasons i havn't played 6th yet is simply because i don't know what army i want to play. Quite a few of my favourites are being redone this edition, so i don't know whether i should wait for Eldar to be redone so i can use DE as allies, or whether i should stick to my planned Imperial Guard, using Blood Angels, Grey Knights and Black Templars as allies. And lets not forget Tau, or the Black Templars for that matter. Tau, BT, Eldar and Dark Eldar are armies i spent years collecting, and 3 of those are being redone this edition i believe. Could be an expensive 12 months for me XD
I'm thinking a farseer with doom and Runes of warding, with 5+ pathfinders is a nice little allied contingent, maybe with a Fire Prism or some Fire dragons in a waveserpent. Have yet to play Eldar in 6th though and my choice of units is a bit limited.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The Eldar troops are there massive weak spot, the rest of the codex looks fairly solid still Chris, I'm probably going to dig the Fire Prisms out again, they look pretty hot with STR9 small blasts!

I honestly do think your army as is could still work Nick, just relying on multi charges more now. Your flyer and vehicles are better, I'm sure you can go flat out for a 4+cover save and still snap fire your guns.
Against most armies you would probably do well. I will harass you into playing with your DE! Tongue
I am looking forward to the supposed allied supplement due out next year, as apparently Tau are not able to choose aliens straight from the codex. Want kroot in your force? Allies.
Blood bowl Skaven
(02-08-2012, 06:34 PM)manrogue Wrote: I honestly do think your army as is could still work Nick, just relying on multi charges more now. Your flyer and vehicles are better, I'm sure you can go flat out for a 4+cover save and still snap fire your guns.
Against most armies you would probably do well. I will harass you into playing with your DE! Tongue
I am looking forward to the supposed allied supplement due out next year, as apparently Tau are not able to choose aliens straight from the codex. Want kroot in your force? Allies.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, i'm still sceptical due to my usual bad luck with rolling, not a fan of random charges and overwatch. Apart from that i like most of the new edition, but WFB and Heavy gears, and maybe Deathwatch, are taking priority over 40k for me atm
I'm no where near reading the 6th ed rules. However from reading your discussion, I am tempted. I really enjoyed 7th ed fantasy, and love 8th ed, with the way the game become a two way game. Although burnt out on fantasy, it is something I want to go back to. However it appears that 6th has gone down a similar route, and it is something that I would like to try, at some point, although it will be some time down the line.

That being said for true two player involvement, nothing beats Malifaux.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen