Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
Looking foward to our game of 6th edition tonight vince. I'm lovin to new powers, especially divination, after reading the rules section cover to cover twice now, I have to say I've been massively impressed! Things like snap fire help most armies, with vehicles taking a hit, we'll be seeing more infantry which is good!

I'm yet to read the missions which are very important, I hope they're a bit more varied than 5th and I'm looking forward to the new deployment types and mysterious objectives!

With new flyer rules as well as allies this makes the even more spectacular!

Now onto the missions...

Same here, still trying to get head round rules properly. Personnaly after reading the warlord traits, they look to be really useful if you get the right ones.
Trying a magic man tonight, see want the deal is with them!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Divination looks like it has the strongest overall of the 6 powers that are randomly rolled, but in all of the options have at least one power that will be helful, from the amazing telepathy power of halucination to the str 10 ap1 melta shot or the 4+ Inv save! The list goes on.

I'm not sure which army to play with as i want to see if paladins can work... Lol. But then eldar are my favourite army.

hey, are you two getting extra practice?! Jealous!

Yeah I think Divination is really good, especially since you are guaranteed to get the primaris power giving re-rolls to hit in shooting and CC. Makes the librarian better than the chaplain for DA now, although getting the power off is not guaranteed (Ld9), it works in opponents phase and not only when you charge.
I think Paladins should still work, although they get slightly easier to destroy, they are all characters so you can try and spread wounds around using 'Look out sir' rolls.
Plus the Paladins are all characters so their shooting attacks got more deadly - each shot is a precision shot on a 6 to hit.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Lol, yep, playing a game tonight. Tongue

Quite a different list to normal, looking forward to seeing how it does!

Have next week off, so am hoping i can finish moving my stuff into the new place nice and early and use the latter part of the week to create a gaming table. When it is done i fully plan to invite people round for gaming nights! Just got to find some way to send missus round her mom's for the night..... Tongue

Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds good Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Can't decide whether to field a all IG army or mix it up and take some SM allies.......
Blood bowl Skaven
Well it's fluffy, and would add a nice strike force to the main gunline of the guard
I'm going to try DA with Eldar allies at some point
I currently have 3 vet squads with LasCannon and 3 plasma, 3 vet Squads with LC and 3 Sniper rifles, Company Command Squad, 2 Vendettas, a basilisk, a manticore and leman russ in my list.......
Te,pted to knock it down to a 1000pts so can add a lib, sniper scouts and assualt Termies at 500pts. I just can't decide!
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah I was toying with putting in some allies, possibly a Inquisitor for some psychic hitting and some grey knights with a Vindicare. Had my first 6th game last night, liking the new wound allocation an look out sir rules!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.