Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
Does anyone know if da orkies will get some help from the rules?
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
(04-07-2012, 06:32 PM)seanbate Wrote: Does anyone know if da orkies will get some help from the rules?

Not sure, i don't think they will have changed massively. Cover is nerfed, and you have a nice shiny new flyer.
(04-07-2012, 06:34 PM)Nick Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 06:32 PM)seanbate Wrote: Does anyone know if da orkies will get some help from the rules?

Not sure, i don't think they will have changed massively. Cover is nerfed, and you have a nice shiny new flyer.

Good point with the flyer. I may have to make one from scratch. Its obscene what Games Workshop are charging for a lump of plastic! Or I may wait for Mantic to release a flyer.
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
(04-07-2012, 06:24 PM)Nick Wrote: I doubt i will be playing 6th, and i refuse to even go near it with Dark Eldar. Read through the rules, seems like most armies stay on par, space marines get buffed beyond belief, and dark eldar are hit repeatedly with a nerf stick. May try it out with Blood Angels, or my guard, but not anytime soon

With Jink saves saving you points on flickerfields and game moving towards infantry, making Venoms one of hottest things in the game.. I think it's a shame you've given up before trying it out.

(04-07-2012, 07:20 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 06:24 PM)Nick Wrote: I doubt i will be playing 6th, and i refuse to even go near it with Dark Eldar. Read through the rules, seems like most armies stay on par, space marines get buffed beyond belief, and dark eldar are hit repeatedly with a nerf stick. May try it out with Blood Angels, or my guard, but not anytime soon

With Jink saves saving you points on flickerfields and game moving towards infantry, making Venoms one of hottest things in the game.. I think it's a shame you've given up before trying it out.

Jink saves would save me 20-40 points in a force maybe, but the rules then give what would normally be one of the only defenses DE skimmers have to all fast skimmers. With vehicles now easier to take out, the fact i will be facing more rapid fire weaponry, nerfed power weapons, nerfed feel no pain, fleet of foot removal (in esscence), random charges..........Dark Eldar in my opinion already are on a knife edge between sucess and defeat, and i've said it time and time again that if you are make a mistake, or are just plain unlucky, you will pay dearly for it. Adding more random elements into the game will end up just making it far more frustrating for me to play, i already have enough trouble with DE in 5th Edition. I see maybe 4 units in my Codex that benefit from the new rules, in my opinion everything else gets weaker, and things like incubi becomes useless almost. Power weapons now AP3? lol......if i play 6th, i'll just go roflstomp with some Blood Angels or something, think i'm liking the look of WFB a whole lot more than 6th Edition atm, time may soften my outlook, but i'm not holding my breath.
ok Nick! if you ever want a game of WFB let me know, I'm trying to get about 1 game a month...still learning the rules though at the mo.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(04-07-2012, 08:40 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: ok Nick! if you ever want a game of WFB let me know, I'm trying to get about 1 game a month...still learning the rules though at the mo.

Never played it, Hoping to get through about 20 Skeletons, maybe another 30 or so zombies, 5 Hex Wraiths and my Heroes and General within the next week and a half. That leaves me at 1500 points, already have some plans to go up to 2000 once i'm comfortable with the rules, already have some Grave Guard to add to the force.
(04-07-2012, 08:27 PM)Nick Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 07:20 PM)Embolden Wrote:

Jink saves would save me 20-40 points in a force maybe, but the rules then give what would normally be one of the only defenses DE skimmers have to all fast skimmers. With vehicles now easier to take out, the fact i will be facing more rapid fire weaponry, nerfed power weapons, nerfed feel no pain, fleet of foot removal (in esscence), random charges..........Dark Eldar in my opinion already are on a knife edge between sucess and defeat, and i've said it time and time again that if you are make a mistake, or are just plain unlucky, you will pay dearly for it. Adding more random elements into the game will end up just making it far more frustrating for me to play, i already have enough trouble with DE in 5th Edition. I see maybe 4 units in my Codex that benefit from the new rules, in my opinion everything else gets weaker, and things like incubi becomes useless almost. Power weapons now AP3? lol......if i play 6th, i'll just go roflstomp with some Blood Angels or something, think i'm liking the look of WFB a whole lot more than 6th Edition atm, time may soften my outlook, but i'm not holding my breath.

I've got to say i disagree with you Nick, i've had a gander through the dark eldar codex and FAQ to see how badly they were nerfed and think they are still very much Viable.
2 twenty man Warrior squads as a core with 2 Dark lances and a blaster, Incubi with klaivex in Venom, 2 Razorwing fighters as a starting point. Plus the fact that night fighting has changed in your favour(all your units as far as i can see ignore night fighting rules....) and it being VERY likely to happen in most games at either the start or end, meaning you can pop stuff for fun while benefitting from shrouding if you deploy cleverly(ie over 24 inches away), add night shields to your vehicles to reduce range.......
It is the same with any major overhaul of a system, just have to play with your list to make it work in your favour.
I'm going through the same thing with my guard, but half the fun is in the list creation for me.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I agree Vince, adapt and survive!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I agree with Vince and Chris on this one. I think your having a rather defeatist attitude towards the new rules Nick, I can see more benefits than downsides for DE in 6th. If anything the 6th 40k rules are now closer to 8th WHFB than before.

My Mech Guard have been hit hard by the new rules with our armoured transports being so easy to kill now but I'll keep playing and adapt my army list accordingly.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.