Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intial reactions to 6th edition
Think in my next game i will give an Aegis defense line with Quad autocannon a go, anyone tried fortification's with Guns yet?
If i put a squad on the autocannon, can they fire another weapon as well? Ie if i was using a Vet squad to fir, could they also fire a Lascannon as well?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I hate this "look out sir rule" It makes the new frontal causalties rule pointless, meaning you might aswell just take anyone out of that pile. I think you should only be able to do it for commanders, or only certain units should have it such as space marines to represent their loyalty to each other. I mean, an conspript would not just allow himself to take the bullet of an officer that probalby flogs him. Plus how would you have time tot react? A bullet travels at a unthinkable speed and how could someone dodge it or jump in front of it.
And tanks die really easily and the allies are bonkers! Tau can go with almost anyone!! I mean, what are the chances of Necrons allying with anybody they want to exterminate the entire galaxy!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

(22-08-2012, 07:25 PM)40knerd99 Wrote: I hate this "look out sir rule" It makes the new frontal causalties rule pointless, meaning you might aswell just take anyone out of that pile. I think you should only be able to do it for commanders, or only certain units should have it such as space marines to represent their loyalty to each other. I mean, an conspript would not just allow himself to take the bullet of an officer that probalby flogs him. Plus how would you have time tot react? A bullet travels at a unthinkable speed and how could someone dodge it or jump in front of it.
And tanks die really easily and the allies are bonkers! Tau can go with almost anyone!! I mean, what are the chances of Necrons allying with anybody they want to exterminate the entire galaxy!

Yeah I think some of the ally match ups are a bit odd, and you have a point about the look out sir rule - on a normal character it only works on a 4+ though which imo isn't broken, but the 2+ look out sir for HQ characters is perhaps a bit ott. Tanks do die easier but I think that's a good thing, it still takes a bit of effort usually to kill one and I thought 5th edition was a bit too tank heavy. Just my personal preference though.

40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Tbh I think the problems 5th had with vehicles have been aplified, by that I mean a single tank be it a landraider or rhino will not stand up to much fire power, but mass tanks just became much much harder to stop because you can no longer stun lock and move on.

I've been looking at different ways to play gks and I've been considering mass razorbacks with assault cannons, anyways my point is mass hulls still work, my 8 or 9 razorbacks and 3 dreads have 33hull points backed up by between 30-40 MEQs. This army will be very hard to stop because of hull points and the removal of damage on glancing hits because you cannot reliably stop 10+ hulls from firing like you could before.

3 Leman russes died in 2 turns on my game, now having a Leman russ company has become a pitance...Sad
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

I killed 3 of Luke's Leman Russ tanks in one turn in 5th edition. And that was me, with my bad dice rolling.
That;s the problem with vehicles in 5th or 6th, they can be destryed in one shot if your opponent gets lucky, which they will sometimes! Like Rob says they can't bestunned by a glance now which makes their fire output better, but gone are the days of shooting at a vehicle only to stun it 5 turns in a row, so for the opponent the new rules are less frustrating.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I play Mech Guard and I quite like the new vehicle rules, I think they it makes it easy to kill tanks with more, lower strength guns which makes it fairer on armies with less AT power like Orks etc. Still takes a hell of a lot of hits to take 3 HP off of 6-8 AV12 Tanks.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(28-08-2012, 09:59 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I paly Mech Guard and I quite like the new vehicle rules, I think they it makes it easy to kill tanks with more, lower strength guns which makes it fairer on armies with less AT power like Orks etc. Still takes a hell of a lot of hits to take 3 HP off of 6-8 AV12 Tanks.

You've not played rob yet at sixth have you? Tongue
Or anyone with a manticore, now the tank killer of choice. Fire that into a parking lot and tanks are gonna die, Potentially 3 S10 Large blasts most likely hitting on side or rear armour. Automatic pen on most Guard tanks, 4+ to explode it(3+ if open topped).
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
The manticore is just badass all round! lol It's why it's No1 priority turn1, then turn2 its the flyers, turn 3/4 flyers/infantry moving for objectives, turn5 onwards clearing infantry on/near objectives, then sitting on objectives praying for the end of the game because your firebase has been left mostly untouched all game lol.