Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song of Blades and Heroes
Been looking a bit more at this system from Ganesha Games.

The game is designed for fast-play skirmishes (as the basis of possible campaigns) with only a few models, so might also appeal to the younger membership of the club.

The rules seem to receive high praise, and are available for between $4 and $8 in electronic format.

Various expansions are available, and the core system mechanic forms the basis of a few other games such as Song of Blades and Shakos set in the Napoleonic era.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
It's also available from iBooks for your favourite fruit themed device: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/song-of-...9877?mt=11
Luke and I had our first game of this tonight, and it was tremendous fun - especially for Luke as he completely tabled my rag-tag band of heroes!

We started with a simple skirmish using just the melee and ranged combat mechanics, and will move on to magic for our next game. It's very quick to play, but there's still plenty of scope for some strategy. It was nice to be able to bring in existing models from WFB, SAGA, etc. and match them to a character profile.
(09-07-2012, 09:58 PM)Stuart Wrote: Luke and I had our first game of this tonight, and it was tremendous fun - especially for Luke as he completely tabled my rag-tag band of heroes!

We started with a simple skirmish using just the melee and ranged combat mechanics, and will move on to magic for our next game. It's very quick to play, but there's still plenty of scope for some strategy. It was nice to be able to bring in existing models from WFB, SAGA, etc. and match them to a character profile.

Absolutely brilliant. Really, really easy and fun to play, and well worth looking into.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)