Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another GW price increase?!?!?!
The main thing i have seen a lot of people talking about doing on other forums is boycotting the miniatures, but still buying the rules (the route i am choosing). There are plenty of alternative companys producing Compatable models out there, mantic, puppets war, maximini, chapter house, anceloti workshop to name a few.
The only way to get them to take notice is to vote with your wallet and even then it probably won't make much of a difference unfortunately Sad
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I totally agree with you Chris, the accountants defo run the company, I cannot see how making the game inaccessable to so many people is a good thing? Unless they're getting so many youngsters through the door it's still financially viable for the prices to keep shooting up, £5 extra overnight for something a few years back only cost £10/15 (razorbacks) seems insane.

Vince mate like you said, the boycot would only work if was arranged worldwide, which puts GW in such a strong position in the market, because if the bottom falls out in the UK, they can just concentrate on say the US market or the Aus market...

I will continue to use Ebay and will look at alternate companies, I don't think I will ever attend a GW run event again, so it doesn't matter about the use of non GW models, the Mantic and Puppets War models look the best, and sometimes even better than the GW models... which says A LOT!

(29-05-2012, 02:03 PM)Embolden Wrote: I totally agree with you Chris, the accountants defo run the company, I cannot see how making the game inaccessable to so many people is a good thing? Unless they're getting so many youngsters through the door it's still financially viable for the prices to keep shooting up, £5 extra overnight for something a few years back only cost £10/15 (razorbacks) seems insane.

Vince mate like you said, the boycot would only work if was arranged worldwide, which puts GW in such a strong position in the market, because if the bottom falls out in the UK, they can just concentrate on say the US market or the Aus market...

I will continue to use Ebay and will look at alternate companies, I don't think I will ever attend a GW run event again, so it doesn't matter about the use of non GW models, the Mantic and Puppets War models look the best, and sometimes even better than the GW models... which says A LOT!
While it is a big market share they have, They don't have as much influence in USA as Uk from my understanding, a lot more competition from Privateer Press and dreampod9 over there (which is springing up over here, though with Corvus belli instead of dreampod 9).
And Australia market is reaching breaking point with new price increases, Already being charged double what we are from what has been mentioned on various forums.
I read brilliant article the other day on how GW are destroying themselves from within the other day, if can remmeber where will post a link as its a really good read!
Blood bowl Skaven
GW trading update for those interested: http://investor.games-workshop.com/2012/...ng-update/

Full annual report is due in July - actually an interesting (honest!) read in years gone by.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Found it-
http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.co.uk/...kshop.html
Blood bowl Skaven
(29-05-2012, 02:53 PM)manrogue Wrote: Found it-
http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.co.uk/...kshop.html

Stumbled across that blog the other day on the basis of his somewhat forthright Dreadfleet review Big Grin
One of the few blogs i can actually access at work, think a few of his articles are a good read!
The dreadfleet one made me chuckle quite a bit!
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds like he's a local lad too.
Don't go to gw you can get them at least 10 percent cheaper somewhere else I remember getting assault on black reach orks for the price of a squad of boys
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus