Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Elf Army List
Thanks for the comments guys, really helpful. I will probably look at getting more spearmen, a unit of white lions and some dragon princes at some point, but would like to get some games in before then with a sub-optimal list, to get used to the new rules. I know what you mean about the sword masters being fragile, but then elves are so I will try them out, perhaps using some sort of magic to protect them. The lions/phoenix guard look a lot more survivable but don't hit as hard. i will prob drop the seaguard then once I have enough core (more archers and spearmen) but at the mo I'm struggling to make up 25% of a 2000pt list. Think I may also drop Teclis for a normal archmage and a noble to boost the silver helms a bit, at least until I am more comfortable with how magic works, otherwise all eggs in one (fragile) basket.

Are the reavers not good for chasing down fleeing units or trying to take out warmachines? I guess Eagles might be better for this job?

OK here is a revised list:

Archmage - level 4 (with Spearmen)
Noble - barded steed, ha, shield, greatsword.
20 Archers
25 spearmen - full command
10 Lothern Sea Guard (could use these to proxy archers)
10 Silver Helms - full command
2 X 5 Reavers (split so they can harry opponents army (get in way/charge warmachines/fleeing units)
21 Swordsmen Hoeth - full command
RBT
RBT
Then rest of points on magic items/more swordsmen (up to 28) - still need to read all the items you can take. Only got to Combat section in the rulebook so far! Don't have my book with me so not sure on the points of this list.

May also try Eltahrion on a griffon as well, seeing as I have the model and it's painted, shame not to give him a bash.

I don't mind taking a beating to start with - see what works and what doesn't. Then I will crush you all!! Especially my avowed enemy the Dark Elves....
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
High Elf Army List - by jaqenhgar - 31-03-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by -=IP=- - 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by Gareth - 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by jaqenhgar - 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by -=IP=- - 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: High Elf Army List - by Noisysteve - 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by jaqenhgar - 11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
RE: High Elf Army List - by 40knerd99 - 23-07-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by jaqenhgar - 24-07-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: High Elf Army List - by Noisysteve - 23-07-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: High Elf Army List - by Noisysteve - 24-07-2012, 11:20 PM