Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Tournament
Best bet mate is for you or Rob (or both,) to pop down, in person. The. You can introduce yourself, have a look at the larger store, and talk about what they can supply, and what you'll need.

Here's a brief run down of how things went my end.

I got approached to run something on the Saturday of that weekend, and counter proposed the 30th or any Sunday. I was then given the 17th as a possible date the following day.
Then I visited the store, to check the date was okay. I then asked about if I could charge an entry, and maximum capacity. Owen offered me some prize support, in the form of store credit, which was a little variable based on numbers. I worked out I would need to prepare maybe 4 tables of my own terrain.
That night I worked on my rules pack, set it off to some people for feedback, and when happy posted it on the Wyrd boards, and emailed the store with a link, so they could direct folks to it. Me and Owen have the. Kept in regular touch, about sign ups and promotion of the event. I created a poster/flyer emailed that through, which they have used in store to advertise.
Other than that my time has been spent working in the terrain, and buyin in some prizes / creating certificates etc.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-05-2012, 06:56 PM)Gareth Wrote: Best bet mate is for you or Rob (or both,) to pop down, in person. The. You can introduce yourself, have a look at the larger store, and talk about what they can supply, and what you'll need.

I got approached to run something on the Saturday of that weekend, and counter proposed the 30th or any Sunday. I was then given the 17th as a possible date the following day.
Then I visited the store, to check the date was okay. I then asked about if I could charge an entry, and maximum capacity. Owen offered me some prize support, in the form of store credit, which was a little variable based on numbers. I worked out I would need to prepare maybe 4 tables of my own terrain.
That night I worked on my rules pack, set it off to some people for feedback, and when happy posted it on the Wyrd boards, and emailed the store with a link, so they could direct folks to it. Me and Owen have the. Kept in regular touch, about sign ups and promotion of the event. I created a poster/flyer emailed that through, which they have used in store to advertise.
Other than that my time has been spent working in the terrain, and buyin in some prizes / creating certificates etc.
The plus side is Rob has already arranged a rules pack etc, and i was planning to do exactly as you have mentioned and pop down one weekend soon with Rob to arrange. Smile
Edit - Forgot to put on last night, but thanks for all your help with this Gaz, much appreciated!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(24-05-2012, 06:56 PM)Gareth Wrote: Best bet mate is for you or Rob (or both,) to pop down, in person. The. You can introduce yourself, have a look at the larger store, and talk about what they can supply, and what you'll need.

Gaz, this is exactly the type of advice we were after, thanks for sharing. Smile I have a rulepack written, Vince has had a read through and it seems good to go, but a second opinion couldn't hurt if you wouldn't mind glancing over it for us?