Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28mm Napoleonics
Hi there,

I'm at the Evesham* club and a few of us are trying to get 28mm Napoleonic wargaming established in the area. We are currently using the Lasalle wargames rules with half size armies and just wondered if there is anyone else out there interested in doing this period/scale. Sales of the 28mm plastics appear to be on the up nationally but few seem to be playing. I think having dozens of rulesets isn't helping the matter. Any thoughts?

All the best,

Andy T

* soon to be renamed Wyvern Wargames Club as the club is actually based in Bishampton, about half way betweeen Redditch and Worcester
Hi Andy,

I've got some 15mm Napoleonic games within the next few months using PoW. For 28mm I've got the core of a British army which it might be possible to do something with.

A couple of us are also interested in small unit action ECW, got the rules and we've got some figures knocking around.

Si
A half size core British Guards division under Lasalle is just 2 units of 16, 1 unit of 24, 4 artillery pieces plus some skirmishers. A reserve brigade of just 12 heavy dragoons would complete a small army. There are many other options but this is one of the smallest armies thaty can be made (quickly).

What does PoW stand for?
Principles of War

I'll see what I can make up, and buy in the extra bits. It was a job lot bought from a bring and buy around 30 years ago. Most of the figures are still still old minifigs boxes.

Si
(23-02-2012, 09:18 PM)Doc T Wrote: A half size core British Guards division under Lasalle is just 2 units of 16, 1 unit of 24, 4 artillery pieces plus some skirmishers. A reserve brigade of just 12 heavy dragoons would complete a small army. There are many other options but this is one of the smallest armies thaty can be made (quickly).

What does PoW stand for?

After rooting round in the loft and the garage last night, managed to get together all the british napoleonics I have. One battalion is painted ! which I did in the early 80's, not too bad an effort considering, but all the rest needs doing. Should be able to make up a division based on the above information. They are mostly belgic shako tho.

Si
Sounds good. Let me know when you're nearly done and we can sort some games.

Cheers,

Andy