Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Figure Case Recommendations?
Question 
Myself and Luke are looking to acquire some more figure cases, as we've outgrown the Citadel Army and Figure cases that we currently have. Any recommendations?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm looking into buying a warmachine sponsored case, battlefoam is the company that makes them, they've had great reviews and they come with custom cut trays to snugly fit your models. The biggest problem is cost as they're shipped from America so shipping is really high. Hopefully i'll be investing in one come payday and I can show it off
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(19-04-2011, 03:36 PM)Stuart Wrote: Myself and Luke are looking to acquire some more figure cases, as we've outgrown the Citadel Army and Figure cases that we currently have. Any recommendations?

Best in the industry is Battle Foam, being highly rugged and customizable. I am looking at getting their gear when I finish my TK, with custom cut trays for Shinxes, Chariots etc. However being American, there is delivery costs, delivery time and more importantly the chance of customs and excise to spoil your day.

I also see alot of K+R cases about, much cheaper than GW plastic cases, and the cardboard is of a good enough quality to take a beating.

I also recall a Scotish based custom foam company existing at some time, but for the life of me at the moment, I cannot recall their details.

(19-04-2011, 06:19 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: I'm looking into buying a warmachine sponsored case, battlefoam is the company that makes them, they've had great reviews and they come with custom cut trays to snugly fit your models. The biggest problem is cost as they're shipped from America so shipping is really high. Hopefully i'll be investing in one come payday and I can show it off

Wayland Games recently took in a shipment of Battlefoam with the standard layout. You may be able to get a Warmachine, or Hordes bag from them, rather than oredr direct from Romeo and co.

(19-04-2011, 03:36 PM)Stuart Wrote: Myself and Luke are looking to acquire some more figure cases, as we've outgrown the Citadel Army and Figure cases that we currently have. Any recommendations?

I've seen one case that I particularly like. It is the Kingmaker Figure Case Infantry Loadout (http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/p/product/210588375) from http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/.

Does anybody know about this case type or want to warn me about getting it?

Luke the Squig.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
No idea about the case quality, but have you considered ordering just the foam, and switching in and out of your hard case, saving money? Depending where you store the non-cased foam it should be safe enough.
(19-04-2011, 06:22 PM)Gareth Wrote: Wayland Games recently took in a shipment of Battlefoam with the standard layout. You may be able to get a Warmachine, or Hordes bag from them, rather than oredr direct from Romeo and co.

Looks like Gifts for Geeks are also expecting stock of the Battlefoam bags at some point: http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/p/catego...page_view/
(19-04-2011, 06:19 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: The biggest problem is cost as they're shipped from America so shipping is really high.

Good news, Beasts of War just posted on Twitter this announcement from Romeo at Salute 2011 about an imminent "Battlefoam UK" operation to be based in Southend: http://www.beastsofwar.com/board-games/r...um=twitter
I've seen a ton of gaming cases with certain badges on, but does anyone know where I can get a Warhammer Fanatasy case that isn't a GamesWorkshop one?

I was going to just get a normal GamesWorkshop one, but I would like to have a differnt one as the GamesWorkshop ones are... well... I just don't really want another one. There are ones for Warmachine, Hordes and Malifaux on GiftsForGeeks.com, but I can't find any Warhammer ones anywhere. This might be because GamesWorkshop already do a whole case range, but if anyone does know of a different make one, then I'd be interested to hear about it.
Thanks.

Luke the Squig.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I doubt anyone else could produce one Luke - they'd have to get a license from Games Workshop to use the Warhammer name, and Games Workshop are notorious for the tight control they exert over their intellectual property. They probably wouldn't be inclinded to grant such a license to a third party anyway, given that they can make more money selling their own cases.
Quote: Good news, Beasts of War just posted on Twitter this announcement from Romeo at Salute 2011 about an imminent "Battlefoam UK" operation to be based in Southend: http://www.beastsofwar.com/board-games/r...um=twitter

That's made my weekend.

Edit- could it have anything to do with Wayland Games warehouse shift?