Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarriors!
Through a mix of minor encouragement and whimsy, the better half decided to pick up Quarriors on Saturday from Total Wargamer and we gave it a go last night.

First impressions? This game comes in a medium sized cube tin and is covered in bright colours and garish fonts. Not a great stat. The tin makes a bold statement that the game contains 130 Custom Dice and bills itself as a "Deck building game without the cards", a genre of board game I've wanted to explore for a while as it may replace the hole left by Magic the Gathering. So we cracked open the tin, skimmed the rules and started playing. After some initial problems we grasped how the game should play and started to really enjoy it.

I would go in to detail on how the game plays but I'll instead try and sum it up to save my fingers some work. You have a dice bag from which you randomly pick out 6 dice each turn and roll them to see what you get. There are cards on the table (Creatures and Spells) with a dice pool on them which you can spend Quiddity (The game's mana) on, allowing you to add them to your dice pool for later turns. That's the jist of the game.

Should you ever be in the market for a new board game and you'd like the fun of custom building your own deck, Quarriors is a great purchase and fun for all ages (So long as they can roll dice and count).

Quarriors Official Website
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(12-02-2012, 03:20 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: "So long as they can roll dice..."

Not for me then! Unless it's one of those things where lower numbers don't really matter, then it sounds great!
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)