Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 9th May 2011
(05-05-2011, 04:09 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(05-05-2011, 02:09 PM)Maximus Davious Wrote: Well, I think that it a better game if you don't know who you are playing. It makes you think more, and have to create a army that could deal with every threat. If you go to the GT tournaments at GW, you don't know who you are playing until the day.

That's a very fair point.

I never tailor a list anyway. I used to play a lad in Hunt End, (who I now travel to London to game against,) who never takes any wizards. Still never stopse taking a dispel scroll as the one time he decides to take magic I would be scuppered. Or I could do what I did the one time so far in 8th he took a level 2 and drop a SSC on his head turn one, and watch him fail the Look out sir roll.
(05-05-2011, 04:14 PM)Stuart Wrote: I bet there's a Sun Tzu-ism to describe that philosophy Smile

Sun Tzu predicts the following situations: if an army knows itself and the enemy, it will be victorious; if it knows only itself, but not the enemy, then it has a fifty percent chance of winning; if it knows neither itself nor the enemy, it will most definitely lose.

What if they both know theirs army and enemy's army? Who is going to be victorious? Smile
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
(05-05-2011, 05:43 PM)-=IP=- Wrote: What if they both know theirs army and enemy's army? Who is going to be victorious? Smile

Well of course Sun-Tsu's teachings were really that wars are won off the battlefield, should never get on to the battlefield, etc. But if they finally did, then you should absolutely know what you are doing and know what you are up against. Otherwise, ultimately in war, there are no winners...
Quote:Not sure why we are working to 1200 points (no probs btw...) However, is there a 'standard' list of points that we should consider having army lists for? E.g. 1,000 1,250 1,500 2,000 2,500 3,000?

Let me explain why small format is better for me at the moment. If You want to survive a flood, first You have got to learn how to swim. I have only played 2 games on 8th edition rules so far (all in ours club). Simply im begginer. Second thing. We have got 3 hours. There is a big distinction between playing a game against a time and playing a game against Your opponent and enjoying that game by the way. If You feel that You can play a good 2400 pts game over 3 hours dont depend on me at the moment.
Not yet Smile All i want is to improve wisdom about 8th edition and get used to all changes. Anyway i can play a game up to 2000 pts but i cant ensure You how long that game will take. Last game i played against Dave's deamons. That was 1200 pts game. Next one i would like to play for 1500. But like i said i can conform to Yours expectations.
Well I will write a 1200, 1500, 1750 and 2000 point list, bring them along and fit in where I can.
I am the same IP... just learning, that's why I am asking questions.
I think the main reason we started 1200pts was because that was all luke had of orcs and goblins as well as andy only having around same points, but as more people are joining the club theres a larger range of point games to play as people have larger armies or expand their existing ones, though keeping it around 1500 is a good idea for now due to time constraint until we all get to know the rules better and we'll be able to play 2000-2500pt games in 2 and half hours. Though like Andy said having a smaller game where you can have a laugh and joke with your opponent is probably better than worrying about how long you have to finish your turn.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

I have now mustered up a mighty 2216pts now of Orcs and Goblins! A bit of an odd number, so I'll probably get shot of 16pts, or add on 84pts. I've also been reading the rules quite a lot over Easter, so I should be up for a slightly larger game, if anyone is interested (I'm afraid it can't be this week, though, as I'm having a Warmachine tut, but I'd be good for a game on the 16th May.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I will bring along 2 lists. 1500 points and 2000. Any challenges?