Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 9th May 2011
Question 
Next meeting is Monday 9th May, Windmill Community Centre at 7.00pm.

Please post below to arrange specific games and offer tutorials, and I'll summarise here.

Games planned:
  • Luke vs. Rachel - Warmachine, under expert supervision from Justin and Mike
  • Gareth vs. Paul - Warhammer Fantasy, 1200 pts, Tomb Kings vs. High Elves
  • Stuart / Simon A / Tom - Lord of the Rings, Elves against something nasty Smile
  • Simon R vs. Kat - Warmachine, Khador vs. Cryx
Games offered:
  • Dave - Warhammer Fantasy, 1200 - 2000 pts of Ogre Kingdoms
  • Andy - Warhammer Fantasy, 1200 - 2000 pts of Dark Elves
Marie would also appreciate a WFB tutorial if someone has the time - she can field ~750 points of Orcs and Goblins.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'll bring over Fantasy Tomb Kings. Not sure on points as the new army book will be out by then. However I can probably easily field 2k or step down seeings as 1200 seems to be the norm, whilst your rules learning.
(19-04-2011, 11:15 AM)Gareth Wrote: I'll bring over Fantasy Tomb Kings. Not sure on points as the new army book will be out by then. However I can probably easily field 2k or step down seeings as 1200 seems to be the norm, whilst your rules learning.

Nice one, I'll add that to the list of games offered.
I'll be happy to bring along my 1200pt army of Orcs and Goblins, but I think that I may be looking into a Warmachine tutorial, so I may be slightly busy, but I'll still bring my army.

Luke the Squig.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Luke, me and Mike will be happy to give you the warmachine tutorial, you'll be playing against Rachel as she hasn't had much experience playing so she wants to learn the rules too Smile
Hopefully you'll enjoy the game
Justin
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Looking forward to the match. I've been told that the rules are dead simple and easy to pick up. They do seem that way, but I have the memory of an Dwarf that's had one too many pints. Just warning you in advance.

Luke the Squig.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I will bring a 1200 point High Elf army (WHFB). Would someone like to have a bash against them?

I'm up for another LotR game - this time with some of my own actual figures! Bathroom refit permitting... Smile
(19-04-2011, 06:14 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: Luke, me and Mike will be happy to give you the warmachine tutorial, you'll be playing against Rachel as she hasn't had much experience playing so she wants to learn the rules too Smile
Hopefully you'll enjoy the game
Justin

Sounds awsome. What Faction will Rachel be using?
Probably gonna have tons more points as I've got a few stuff that ain't been built yet, and I'm gonna go painting mad over the next couple of weeks, so a larger game will be welcome.

Just done another Forest Goblin Spider Rider (Standard Bearer) which has all in all taken me about 3 - 4 hrs to do. Looks absolutely brill, though (well, I think so anyway).

Might have a new case by Monday aswell. Probabley gonna be a KR metallic case, or a GW one. There are a few others I've got my eye on, too.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(19-04-2011, 11:15 AM)Gareth Wrote: I'll bring over Fantasy Tomb Kings. Not sure on points as the new army book will be out by then. However I can probably easily field 2k or step down seeings as 1200 seems to be the norm, whilst your rules learning.

(20-04-2011, 03:48 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I will bring a 1200 point High Elf army (WHFB). Would someone like to have a bash against them?

1200 pts of Tomb Kings vs. High Elves sound OK to you both?