Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which game systems are you planning explore in 2012?
So an update:

warhammer fantasy: first game with Andy P on tuesday, looking forward to this!
Infinity - had a quick tutorial with Vince last week and looked good, will have to read the rules, maybe start collecting a band
Warmahordes - haven't had a go yet but would like to at some point
Flames of War - currently collecting a Russian force - watch this space!
SAGA - would like an intro game at some point, thinking about a welsh contingent
Cutlass - when funds and time allows I will get a band together
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(19-05-2012, 10:20 AM)manrogue Wrote: Thought i would do a little thread necromancy as we are almost at the half point of the year to see if anyone has branched out into the games mentioned or have any new systems they want to try

Great idea!

Reviewing my over-optimistic list:

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Infinity - actually tending towards Ariadna rather than Pan Oceania now
Bought and painted an Ariadna starter force. Nearly had an intro game too Wink

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Saga - will wait and see what the March faction update brings
Waited, and settled on a Jomsviking force. Had a good intro game, looking forward to playing more and perhaps entering the Wyvern tournie in September.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Relics - liking the Britanan force, but the next faction (Nuem?) sounds interesting too
Still want to pick up a Britanan force - might take advantage of the current Indigogo campaign, although changes to the starter sets and armies are in the pipeline so tempted to see what that brings.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Bushido - have the miniatures, just haven't played yet
Almost finished painting my starter force, but haven't managed to get a game yet.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: 40K - will probably wait until the 6th edition is released
Still planning to wait for the 6th edition.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Something ancient/historical based on Hail Caesar (Spartans) or Black Powder
Nothing on this.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Warpath
Nothing on this.

(09-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: Kings of War
Nothing on this, although a new rulebook is out soon.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Quite liked the look fo Saga, maybe go for the Normans. Also like the look fo Ambush alley, and The Day of the rangers addon, all Black Hawk down and all that. And Sharp Practice, from the Two Fat Lardies looks good, and has inspired me to re-read my Sharpe books again!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(19-05-2012, 09:51 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: And Sharp Practice, from the Two Fat Lardies looks good, and has inspired me to re-read my Sharpe books again!

I'd like a look at that too - seems really popular with some of the other "local" groups at the moment.

(10-02-2012, 02:20 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote: This list could go on forever but there is a handful I genuinely intend to devote more time to this year.
  • Infinity - Played a bit of this last year and I'd like to play some more
  • Malifaux - My Crew is building up nicely and needs to enact justice soon
  • Bushido - consider my curiosity piqued by this, the Temple Of Ro Kan(?) drawing me in the most
  • Cutlass - Once I get a hold of some weapons then I'll jump on board!

Of my list I have really only found my way in to one new(ish) system and that's Malifaux. I'm finding my time and resources far too divided to keep up with the handful of games I intend to play without moving in to new areas so right now any expansion plans are on hold.

With that said, I do like the look of a couple of new systems that are on the horizon and I will have my first Bushido mini soon so there may be some small steps made towards those.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
So how did we all do on this?

For my part...
  • Infinity - bought an Ariadna starter and played one game.
  • Saga - acquired 4 pts of Vikings/Jomsvikings, and played a handful of games.
  • Relics - took advantage of the kickstarter to acquire a Britanan force, but yet to play.
  • Bushido - still yet to play, did invest in the Ito kickstarter though.
  • 40K - still yet to play.
  • Something ancient/historical - played a few games of Sharpe Practice.
  • Warpath - bought some Enforcers and had a couple of games with the version 2.0 rules.
  • Kings of War - another kickstarter I succumbed to, but yet to play.

In addition I also bought some Dystopian Legions (looking forward to giving this a go in the new year) and started playing Necromunda.
Flames Of War
Magic The Gathering
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Me and vince had a game of Heavy Gears, didn't try Firestorm, and i'm still finishing the VC for WFB
warhammer fantasy: played 3 games, looking forward to some more
Infinity - haven't got into this
Warmahordes - still haven't had a go yet but would like to at some point - picked up the 2 player battle box
Flames of War - Russian force collected and started painting, couple of games, want to play more of this in the new year
SAGA - nothing yet but will hopefully get a force soon
Cutlass - nothing
lotr - only 1 game this year

others:
Necromunda - having fun with the campaign
Dystopian Legions - got a force, looking forward to playing this soon
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(20-05-2012, 05:34 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 02:20 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote: This list could go on forever but there is a handful I genuinely intend to devote more time to this year.
  • Infinity - Played a bit of this last year and I'd like to play some more
  • Malifaux - My Crew is building up nicely and needs to enact justice soon
  • Bushido - consider my curiosity piqued by this, the Temple Of Ro Kan(?) drawing me in the most
  • Cutlass - Once I get a hold of some weapons then I'll jump on board!

Of my list I have really only found my way in to one new(ish) system and that's Malifaux. I'm finding my time and resources far too divided to keep up with the handful of games I intend to play without moving in to new areas so right now any expansion plans are on hold.

With that said, I do like the look of a couple of new systems that are on the horizon and I will have my first Bushido mini soon so there may be some small steps made towards those.

Well this year I managed to play more Malifaux & Infinity, I picked up a crew and some extras for Bushido but sadly Cutlass never happened.

I did however begin playing Battletech and have recently reformed the fire for WFB so I have branched out, just not in the direction I had originally planned heh.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)