Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which game systems are you planning explore in 2012?
Question 
Thought it might be interesting to see which game systems (beyond those you currently play) you're looking to explore in the coming year.

My list includes, in no particular order...
  • Infinity - actually tending towards Ariadna rather than Pan Oceania now
  • Saga - will wait and see what the March faction update brings
  • Relics - liking the Britanan force, but the next faction (Nuem?) sounds interesting too
  • Bushido - have the miniatures, just haven't played yet
  • 40K - will probably wait until the 6th edition is released
  • Something ancient/historical based on Hail Caesar (Spartans) or Black Powder
  • Warpath
  • Kings of War

I don't expect to address anywhere near all of these, but this is my shortlist (!) of systems that interest me at the moment.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
The obvious one at the minute is infinity and with 6th ed due at some point this year......
But may at some point give the following a go-
Cutlass(if i can find the figures to do the theme i have in mind!)
Warpath(has the dual use of being able to use as 40k army!)
Whatever system Sodapop miniatures do, like some of there models, any excuse and all...
Malifaux
Heavy gear
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Heavy Gear, Firestorm Armada and Warhammer would be my choices, not sure i have time to commit to any others for a while.
Games systems I am interested in this year are;
  • Malifaux
  • Warmahordes - more towards using Legion (hint assemble)
  • Malifaux
  • Warhammer (VC) - When ready
  • Malifaux
  • Lord of the Rings - Preferably WAR of the rings
  • Malifaux
  • FoW - Might revisit this after my brief look last year
  • Malifaux
  • Bushido - May be fun to re-visit this
  • Puppet Wars - Malifaux-lite???
  • Relics - I have an army to assemble
  • Kings of War (See Warhammer)
  • Malifaux
  • Malifaux
  • Possibly 40k
Yup mainly Malifaux
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Well I'm mainly enjoying getting some 40K games in at the mo but these are the ones I'd like to play/have a go at in future, roughly in order:

Warmachine/Hordes - have ordered a starter box from maelstrom but doesn't look like it'll be delivered anytime soon
LOTR - have got lots of models (was a bit of a collector) so i can lend models if anyone wants to play. Mainly the strategy version, not familiar with war of the ring as that was released just after i stopped collecting.
Warhammer - got an old 2nd edition High Elf army haven't played in a couple of decades (!), would like to have a go using the new rules
cutlass - would like to have a go at a proper game of this at some point, and fancy painting up a pirate crew anyway
Infinity - from what I've heard this sounds intriguing

So many games to play and so little time!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
This list could go on forever but there is a handful I genuinely intend to devote more time to this year.
  • Infinity - Played a bit of this last year and I'd like to play some more
  • Malifaux - My Crew is building up nicely and needs to enact justice soon
  • Bushido - consider my curiosity piqued by this, the Temple Of Ro Kan(?) drawing me in the most
  • Cutlass - Once I get a hold of some weapons then I'll jump on board!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Infinity-models look great rules look interesting
Malifaux-if i dont loseing the badyterror tots that keep moveing around my desk (ones currently hiding) will have some games
Bushido-demo game was insightfull maybe get a starter and some blisters
Cutlass-seem to be fun quick play game might get small crew
Malifaux
Warmahordes
Flames of War (7 day deal on at Waylands could do with an idea of what to buy...?)
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Thought i would do a little thread necromancy as we are almost at the half point of the year to see if anyone has branched out into the games mentioned or have any new systems they want to try
For me it is roughly the same -
Infinity - playing at least once a month now, and loving it!
Warpath - due to have a game against luke with my corpy guard, think my interest in this will grow when the vehicles come out.
Heavy gear blitz/arena - Nick has bought the two player starter, so all being well should get to try this soon!
dropzone commander - looks better and better the more i look at it, July is gonna be an expensive month with this and 6th edition out!
X-wing miniatures game This will be(has been!) bought.
malifaux and cutlass - once i have caught up with the sci-fi goodness above, these are on my list of things to give a go.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
There are a few games that I'd really like to give a go, too. Like:
Bushido - I've played a couple of games with Gareth, but would really like to learn the rules again and give it a proper go.
Warpath - Again, I've played a few games with Sean and really enjoyed them, so now I'd just like to play more!
Malifaux - Really like the Kaeris Box Set (the one with the Gunsmiths) for the Arcanists.
SAGA - Love the Bretons and the horse-riding side to them.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)