Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'War Room' app for iOS and Android - coming March
Yeah. My Cryx caster cards refused to load to start. And those broken Shredders are FA C. Far to powerful.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
kat downloaded hers this morning to
Not overly impressed with the app and I doubt I'll ever use it for playing games with but as iBodger is no longer allowed to be supported, I'll have to purchase the decks regardless for army building.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(07-08-2012, 10:42 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Not overly impressed with the app and I doubt I'll ever use it for playing games with but as iBodger is no longer allowed to be supported, I'll have to purchase the decks regardless for army building.

Really, you have to purchase decks to build an army. I assume addition is not your strongest trait then. This isn't the first time I have read such a comment, and it makes me laugh. Yes it makes switching in an out of a list easy, but no more than using a faction deck, or just stat cards if you are not proxying. Ok Tier lists use a little bit of intellect to work around, but are no harder than removing prohibited models, from the pool of cards, you choose from.

If your not impressed then that's fair enough. It is everything I expected it to be. It's iBodger, with actuall viewable stat cards, rather than a link to Battle College where they use such things as, average MAT for a grunt (so what's that?) It has an inbuilt timer, it has inbuilt non-accidental wipeable damage tracks. I cannot see how anyone cannot see this, as anything but a superior version of iBodger. The only thing missing is the tactics from Battle College. Is it worth the payment? Probably not, but for £40 for the duration of mk2 I have every stat card, with errata, including the £30 expansions, for along as mk2 is around.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Woh Gaz, I didn't mean to rile you there.

Addition isn't a weakness of mine, I simply like using apps to build multiple lists so I have them all to hand and readily available. Is that so bad? I can still add up lists using the cards without a problem and I'm happy to purchase the decks as its cheaper then owning the cards + models etc, so on that point I agree with you, apologies if my post made it seem another way.

As for the usability, you just can't beat a good old marker pen. It's faster to use, easier for your opponent to view and to see yourself from a glance. I'm sure some people will prefer this app and that's fair enough, that's up to them, but I can't see it being very user friendly on non-tablet devices.

The stats issue is due to PP not allowing the posting of stats online other then by themselves, so sites use the work-around of comparing stats. That's just a legal issue and has nothing to do with Battle College etc.

Building an army and viewing the cards etc is superior to iBodger but with one fatal difference; iBodger was free. I'm sure there are many people out there who don't want to use Warroom to play battles and just want to do list building and are not willing or able to pay out for the decks, instead preferring to spend their money elsewhere. It's a personal choice and one they're entitled to.

I didn't intend to rile anyone with my post, just simply state that I don't personally think it is very useful, that I won't be using it for battling with, but I will no doubt purchase the decks so I can merrily list build.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
You didn't rile me as such. But a lot of the pre-war room build up, was "how do I build a list without iBodger." well how about how you did it before iBodger. I understand why BC cannot post stat lines (how will they sell anything if you get it for free?) but I would find it easier to use than the free app.

As for you comment about damage, I do see your point, but I am forever handling my cards, only to find half the damage has been wiped off. I'm taking both my cards and Warroom to GenCon, and whilst not in a competitive event, I will use Warroom as a back up, incase I accidentally remove damage.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Road map and FAQ: http://privateerpress.com/war-room-road-map-and-faq
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."