Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Campaign?
I was thinking a story driven campaign that alters depending on results would be a good idea, (ie you play a reconnaissance mission, win and you can choose an extra 50 points for the next battle lose and one unit of your units is delayed for the next battle)
We can decide more indepth at the group, and try and get a idea of numbers for it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Also for Missions, i'd like to have a crack at creating some for us using pre agreed formats.
Ie Night reconnaissance Mision gone wrong
A small scouting force has been seen and has to escape the board before the opposition wipes them out. Played using night fight rules for the whole game, but at 2 x 2d6 max shooting distance to emphaisis that it is in the dead of night.
All the opposing players units start in reserve bar 1 troop selection.
You can only select scouting vehicles to represent the fact your trying to not be heard or seen(a leman russ on a scouting mission just wouldn't make sense.....)
They each of the scouting unit counts as one point and you get a point for the that unit escaping or the opponent does for destroying it.
the one with most points at the end wins the game.
Deployment is within 24 inches of short board edge and escape route is the opposite end.

Something similar to that, but a little better phrased and thought out.
Blood bowl Skaven
Would the vehicle restrictions include Transports? Because if a force is reacting to scouts finding each other, then reserves in transports would make sense. On the other hand, i think things like tanks and stuff without scout should be disallowed, due to the time it might take for them to react, or prepare for battle.
As i say needs some thought behind it as Imp guard escaping from dark eldar in raiders would only end one way..... Nastily!
But you could even it out by limiting the speed that vehicles go to Half of normal due to the night making it difficult to see or that if you go full pelt that you risk crashing on 5+.
It could do with people going more with having fun than "win at all cost lists" as that would just spoil the enjoyment. But i think if we plan it all out and think things through it could be a lot of fun to go with a narrative based missions.
Blood bowl Skaven
the way we did it was very fluff centred so for nercon games where they were the defenders their deployment was no deployment ie they randomly deepstike to represent the frist froces coming out of the ground with the imperial gaurd we had sercinos like convoy and storm the breach each with their own deployment and rules
but alot of the games wernt 100%fair/equal if you want that then the standard battles like a league style games is what you want
Just an idea, but depending on how many people are willing to join in, and seeing as one of your ideas is fighting over a forge world, perhaps players should be split into teams. Imperials on one side, non-Imperial on another. Both side trying to complete their own objectives, Imperials trying to drive off agressors, the xenos races trying to raid/smash/conquer. Not sure how it would work overall, but was thiking maybe some team games would be in order, if we could fit them in time-wise. And all in all i'm not too bothered about games being a little unbalanced, as long as one side has no massive advantage/handicap with the rules you're adding. For example, restricting vehicles (esspecially transports) for me would mean i have to go out and buy more infantry (not that it's a bad thing mind you Tongue) because i wont have enough models to make up a full infantry list for 1500 points. Just thought i'd point out that whatever rules you decide to put in, you would have to check with players beforehand that they can comply
I think if you're going to limit types of units someone takes, you might be better off doing it by locking off force organisation selections, rather than arbitrarily banning Vehicles or Tanks altogether, like for example reducing heavy support selections, or making compulsory choices for that recon mission you described something like 1 HQ 1 Troops 1 Fast Attack or something
Lol, was thinking teams myself! Not so much as forcing players to have to play in team games but as a team overall.
With the force organisation was thinking that but sometimes there are ways round that(Example- SM normally take landraiders as heavy support, take termies and suddenly they are available as a dedicated transport......)
So was thinking that it would best if put restrictions in place.
I don't want force people to have to buy models, so was thinking that with some missions you could do them in a smaller scale and fit two in on the night, with the first having a result on the second(being a bit ambitous hereTongue)
Good stuff so far keep it up, more ideas the better!
And as i say nothing set in stone, so we can with the flow and decide when we have a more positive idea on what we want!
Blood bowl Skaven
I didn't mean that there should be loads of team matches, just thought it might make things a bit interesting if there was more than two players, and i mostly meant that the overall campaign could be team based, IE the outcome depends on each sides successes throughout the campaign
Yeah, depending who is involved two or three factions sounds good. Could come up with some interesting scenarios for two a-side matches, also means could maybe fit in an apocalypse game.
Blood bowl Skaven
If we're going to do any large, team based or apocalypse game i'd suggest sorting something out weekend-wise, as i dont think we'd have enough time at the club to play a game that big Tongue