Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VC Starter Army
You can have a Shield and 2HW. However you cannot use the shield in combat. You used to be able to revert back to HW and Shield, but in 8th you are forced to use any upgraded weapon you purchase. Same with the 2 hand weapons option. It helps against ballistic fire, not in combat.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
With 40 skeletons standing in the way of arrows and templates, isn't shooting a non-issue? Or does wound allocation work massively different from 40k? I thought they get that Look Out Sir thing, meaning they dodge templates on a 2+
No your fine without it, but seeing as you your original list seemed to be based around getting a 2+ AS, I worked one in where you had roughly the same protection.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(26-02-2012, 06:57 PM)Gareth Wrote: No your fine without it, but seeing as you your original list seemed to be based around getting a 2+ AS, I worked one in where you had roughly the same protection.

Naa it was only 3+ on the AS, but he had a 4+ ward save. But i think your idea is better, as your Lord would be a much harder hitting Lord at roughly the same points, and only a minimal drop in survivability (4+ ward becomes 5+)
Oh god yes, my maths are off, even with my gear its a 3+ or 4+ with out shield.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just edited the list, yet again. He should be rocking a 4+ armour save, along with a 5+ ward save now, with 6 attacks and ASF
Next week is my week off work, and i've decided i've slacked enough and that the 160+ undead horde WILL be finished next week, even if it kills me. Also got a unit of 20 Grave Guard to add to it, anyone have any ideas how to arm them? I was thinking of sticking with swords and shields, so they have a 4+ armour save and 6+ ward. They are already Str 4 with killing blow, but Great Weapons would buff them up to Str 6. Not sure which would be best, any help is appreciated.
(31-05-2012, 06:00 PM)Nick Wrote: Next week is my week off work, and i've decided i've slacked enough and that the 160+ undead horde WILL be finished next week, even if it kills me. Also got a unit of 20 Grave Guard to add to it, anyone have any ideas how to arm them? I was thinking of sticking with swords and shields, so they have a 4+ armour save and 6+ ward. They are already Str 4 with killing blow, but Great Weapons would buff them up to Str 6. Not sure which would be best, any help is appreciated.

GW simples. KB works on man sized models, Str 6, -3AS works on everything.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Aight, so big smashy weapons it is. I guess with my Vampire Lord leading them regenerating lost models shields arn't really an issue? I suppose they are toughness 4 with 5+ save, i was just worried about them getting shot to bits or chopped up before i could get them chopping back at the foe ^_^
On my Vampire Lord is it worth dropping Quickblood in bigger games and taking a Corpse Cart and the Red Fury power instead? That way my Lord still has ASF, along with all surrounding undead, and he has Red Fury to boot, meaning up to 12 attacks at Str 5.