Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Vampires
Next Army book is Vampire Counts. Heard rumours it was them or Empire next with a strong likelihood of VC. Seeing as Andy chose Empire for me to collect next, and GW Dudley running a Winter Crusade (paint 1k WFB army in 9 weeks,) I should have me some spangly humans, by the time that Army Book comes around.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Vampire Counts advanced orders now on the GW site (as well as your favourite alternate vendor): http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...tsAO-en_GB
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Not finding the motivation to work on Necrons, or Empire atm. As such I will be returning swathes of mini's for some VC stuff later. One day I may stick to a decision, but 40k is not compelling enough to start up again, with other more enjoyable systems around (Malifaux, Warmahordes, Fantasy.) As for Empire, having started work on 30 Empire Swordsmen, I just didn't fancy painting mass amounts of humans.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I've been thinking about giving Warhammer another bash, not sure what to go for though, either Dark Elves or Vampire Counts. Probably VC, Dark Elves are a bit too similar to my Dark Eldar for my tastes, and who doesnt love zombies?
Zombies still blow in the VC army. WS1 is shocking, even with the potential threat of fear on your opponent. Top pick in the book is the Vargheist unit from the looks of things. The Corpse cart will become an integral part of any list I create too.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'm planning to pick up some bits for a small VC army this weekend, could anyone give me some decent, basic units to take, and maybe give me a couple of tutorial games sometime in a couple of weeks? Never really played Warhammer before
A Warhammer army is now split into percentiles. There are two sections for Characters, these being Lords and Heroes. You are allowed to take unto 25% of your points in both of these, meaning upto 50% of your army can be Characters. The mainstay of your army is your Core, and this has to be a minimum of 25% of your army. Next is your Special units, and these are where a lot of your more powerful units sit. Up to 50% of your army can be from this section. Finally comes your Rares. Super powerful monsters, Warmachines of mass devastation and more unique items, your Rares can be 25% of your army. So unlike a 40% force, where you can plug a few points in to your troops section, and over load on Elites, Fast Attack etc, a Warhammer army tends to be a little more balanced.

Nick firstly you need to decide how big an army you want. For a starter force, I would look to getting some Skeleton Warriors and a few Zombies to do some tar-pitting. Whilst Ghouls are the more powerful core, at a lower points value, they are a tad to costly. I would then look at picking up some Vargheists, and the new Knight box, building the Hexwraiths. These will are two power house units, that would fit into a much larger army. Then I would throw in either a Vampire to lead the army. Thats a few boxes that will give you a solid start to a force. Thats more or less how I am starting mine.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Thanks a lot for the tips, was planning on just getting a core of an army down until i learn how the rules and units themselves play. A leader and a few basic troops choices and one or two smashier units was the plan. Will pick them up on saturday.
Also, how many units of skeletons and zombies do you recommend to start with, and what size? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they are cannon fodder, so i'm going to need lots of them
Right i have my VC stuff, 2 units of 20 zombies, Vlad, 10 skeleton warriors with a plan to get many more this week, 2 units of Black knights with one unit to be made as hex wraiths, and last but not least a box of 3 vargiests. If in a few weeks time someone could give me a tutorial game after i've gotten it all built, i'd be very gratefull.