Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warlord Games
I've never done any ancients, but having seen the stuff that's coming out from Warlord games, I'm getting an itch for this era.

The rules are written by Rick Priestley and there's loads from him on the site. One article is his explanation of the combat system here.

I'm guessing it's going to be along similar lines as Warhammer fantasy, i.e. mega loads of d6's Big Grin

Looking at the quality of the shield painting in some of the pictures I'd be a bit nervous about trying to reproduce them to the same quality.
They supply couloured transfers for Roman shields at least!

Another experiment I have yet to try:

You can buy blank A4 sheets of transfer paper. You do all your designs etc on the computer, print on the sheet in full colour. Paint over with varnish. Then use as transfers... Plan was to do this for 40k insignia, etc.

link to supplier and instructions here

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/.-L...er_155.htm
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(12-06-2011, 08:17 AM)Agincourt Wrote: You can buy blank A4 sheets of transfer paper. You do all your designs etc on the computer, print on the sheet in full colour. Paint over with varnish. Then use as transfers... Plan was to do this for 40k insignia, etc.

link to supplier and instructions here

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/.-L...er_155.htm

Now those could come in very handy! Luke in particular will find those very useful for some of the stuff he is working on at the moment.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Me and Tom (dark wolf) have played hail caesar it is like no other gmae. There are no strength values or anything like that. It was more exciting then most warhammer games, and thougth the rules, were a bit hard we actully managed to create our own intresting little makeshift rule. Always have your commander out so you can have an epic duel!!!Big Grin
It was historical heaven!!!!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus