Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LOTR Eregion Force
(08-02-2012, 12:12 AM)Stuart Wrote: Just resurrecting this thread so Paul can see which figures I can muster.

I will endeavor to do a full inventory of what the Hutchinson household can muster. We seem to have a lot of figures, but a real mish-mash of content.

I'll need to look into who can ally with who etc. Any links you can suggest as a reference base, or do I need to spend some money? If you and Si have aready got some books then I'm happy to fill the gaps...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I've got the Legions of Middle Earth book which I can bring in next week - that contains a lot of army lists and details on which forces can be allied. It's just been superceded by a series of sourcebooks though, but will give us a good starting point.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just had a dig around in the cupboard, and found -

Fellowship of the Ring,
The Two Towers
The Return of the King,
Shadow and Flame
Siege of Gondor
The Battle of Pelennor Fields.

How do these books fit in, with the current system?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(08-02-2012, 09:32 PM)Gareth Wrote: Just had a dig around in the cupboard, and found -

Fellowship of the Ring,
The Two Towers
The Return of the King,
Shadow and Flame
Siege of Gondor
The Battle of Pelennor Fields.

How do these books fit in, with the current system?

I've been trying to get my head round this recently. My understanding is that the first three books in your list still apply (and are still available from GW) and, combined with the main rulebook, allow you to play the narrative version of the game - following the story and scenarios of the film and books.

I think the forces and scenarios detailed in the latter three books (no longer availabe from GW) are now superceded by the new source books, again for use alongside the main rulebook. These new sourcebooks also supercede the Legions of Middle Earth book.

Finally, War of the Ring is positioned as as Lord of the Rings "Apocalypse", and stands alone from the main rulebook.

There's also War of the Ring: Battlehosts, but I haven't figured this one out yet.
there are some nice scenarios in those last three books that I'm sure can still be played though, the army lists/entries in them are probably out of date though and no longer official if you were to enter a competition.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Just ordered the Kingdoms of Men and Free Peoples sourcebooks from Total Wargamer. Those should hopefully give me various army options that span the combination of Elves and Numenor.
I bought Fallen Realms today Wink
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Excellent - from Total Wargamer I hope! (They're watching y'know Wink)
From Merry Hill store, as I returned yet more items. This time the VC I bought. Final time as I made sure, I opened everything. I have bought te Mines of Moria starter, Fallen Realms, Khamal, the Easterling heroes box, and the Easterlings foot troop box.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Great stuff, would love to try some large War of the Ring style battles at some point. Wish I'd picked up some more Warriors of the Last Alliance while there were still 24 models in a box - the new boxes only have 12 in them, for not much less than the previous price of 24. Might keep an eye out for old stock...