Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutlass!
I hope this game plays well; I've ordered myself some Vikings to use as an alternative themed gang. They'll probably use the Orcs Gang rules but I have a fantastic story for them.

All shall be revealed! Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I've been checking out the Reaver site that Justin suggested, and came across this beautiful mini:

Right, that's at least £3 spent. Reckon (judging by the absolutely breathtaking minis on that site) that it'll probably amount to around £30, as I can see that Shopping Basket icon not staying empty for much longer Big Grin.
Reckon that he's gonna be the German Sniper out of Saving Private Ryan. When I paint him, I'll even do the shattered scope, just for authenticity!
Gonna write myself a whole storyline for my whole crew, like how they all died and how they became a crew. Any ideas for a ship name? I've got a few, but I was wondering if anyone else has got any ideas.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
How about 'Ambulans mortuus'? Latin for 'walking dead' or 'Iaceo aqua' meaning 'dead in the water?
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

What was the verdict on the game tonight - like the system?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I really enjoyed it, lots of tactical depth with the action points and reactions, can get very bloody real quick too. Looking forward to putting my own crew together
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

The old dwarves were well and truly battered.

The rerolling is an interesting idea. Even though a D4 seems like a low roller, the chances of getting a 4 are greater than a 6 on a d6 (25% as opposed to 16.7%), therefore increasing the possibility of a higher cumulative score.

However, it didn't help me much. As 5+ on a D8 to hit is far better than 5+ on a D6.

The Au idea works relatively well. With a decreasing number of figures allowed to perform the chosen action as the points wear down.

It was good dry run of the game, the forces were imbalanced as I'd incorrectly picked Dwarf Pirates instead of Venerable dwarves. But it wouldnt have made a difference to the shooting ability, only melee.

We got to see lots of elements of the game in action. But Justin didn't get to throw any grenades !

Lessons learned ?

Tool up the dwarves with big melee weapons and forget pistols or muskets.
Print out a load more reload counters.
Print out copies of the QR Sheets.
For me, get some dice where we can actually read the numbers on the faces (sorry).
On another note, do we need a name for the Cutlass! game ?

I know one club who ran a similar pirates game and called it "A Fistful of Seamen"

But I don't advocate that one...

Maybe..

"Jump aboard, and cut 'em to pieces"
"To err is human, to Arr is Pirate"
"Yarning for the Caribbean "

If you haven't got another game organised, fancy a game the week after next (18th) Si?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
yea, def.
i might get some after warmachine but i like the look of the sought of smart orcs lol they are so gruff but cute!
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green