Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left-over Green Stuff Sandbags
Not sure under which forum to put this (Terrain or Modelling), so I just put it under this 'un cause it includes the word Green Stuff.

After doing a large amount of Green Stuff modelling today, I added some more leftovers to my Left-over Green Stuff Sandbags. These are just a sub-project which produce a rather nice piece of scenery.

The idea behind it is: Instead of letting left-over Green Stuff dry and go to waste, you gradually use it to add to piles of green stuff that will take the shape of sandbags. It's simple and easy, but saves money over time and also saves time. It's great fun.

Whenever I do some green stuff modelling (once every eternity or so), I am always accidently mixing way to much than I need for the model, so usually it would go to waste, but after a couple of months of adding the leftovers to my greenstuff sandbag pile, I end up with yet another piece of home-made scenery, either for large bases or to craft into walls.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Are you being left with enough for one bag? Because if so, you ability to gauge the amount to mix is shocking. Btw any chance of those banners I sent you a PM about. Same deal if your interested.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
No, I am not being left with enough, as it takes me around 5/6 green stuff sessions to get enough for one bag. I will PM you about the banners.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
That's a good tip Luke - particularly when modelling (rather than just filling) a large area like you've been doing today, it's all too easy to overestimate the amount of green stuff to mix, and you might as well put the extra to good use. If you don't have enough for a 28mm scale sandbag (if that's all you have left then I'd say you're doing pretty well personally!) then you could always try modelling something smaller like a water-flask, or perhaps sculpt a small rock for basing.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."