Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dungeons and dragons sign up
Ok, so I think that I'm going to be the initial DM (Dark wolf, correct me if I'm wrong), and will run through a small campaign, but I'd love to have you guys running campaigns after we've been through mine so that I can play Erevan. I just want to clarify a few things and set out the ground rules:

I will be starting a thread after Tuesday to follow the story so far so that any new players will be able to read the back story before they join in, but for now, here we go:

~~~The RUUUUUUUUULEZZZ~~~

These rules are written on paper, not etched in stone.
Rules are suggested guidelines, not required edicts.
If the rules don't say you can't do something, you can.
There are no official answers, only official opinions.
When dice conflict with the story, the story always wins.
Min/Maxing, Munchkinism and Metagaming aren't problems with the game; they're problems with the player.
The DM has full discretionary power over the game.
The DM always works with, not against, the players.
A game that is not fun is no longer a game - it's a chore.
When the above does not apply, make it up.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be dishing out Exp at each extended rest/natural break for:
1) Defeating Enemies.
2) Skill Challenges.
3) Solved Puzzles.
4) Staying in character.
5) Sheer... Absolute... Awesomeness. (What? You just took out a lv 10 dragon at lv 1 with a series of skill checks and no actual combat? Big points and you're now awarded a pet dragon... lol)

My Exp will be split between all players in the campaign, so that if (for instance) Zeroleon is off having adventures in the real world, His character will be able to continue holding his own in game.

Anything you guys would like to add?
sounds fine to me, when is the first game being set up? i would like some warning so i dont bother bringing all my army cases in Tongue
(30-10-2011, 10:04 AM)Nick Wrote: sounds fine to me, when is the first game being set up? i would like some warning so i dont bother bringing all my army cases in Tongue

I'm ready to run one Tuesday. I think I'd like someone to help others out with character creation just in case someone hasn't come up with one or just in case someone wants to join in at the last second. Smile

Edit: looks like my friend Glen will be joining us, though whether to play or to watch is anyone's guess.
I don't have a clue how to stat a character this is the first role playing game iv played
(31-10-2011, 01:01 PM)ziroleon Wrote: I don't have a clue how to stat a character this is the first role playing game iv played

Ok, I'll run a quick tutorial tomorrow when we start.
I may listen in on that (after Alan has mullered me with a second turn caster kill).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(31-10-2011, 02:08 PM)Stuart Wrote: I may listen in on that (after Alan has mullered me with a second turn caster kill).

No worries, I'll run everyone through character creation, I'll make sure I do my research on the races and classes tonight so that I'm well prepared. So far, need to see human, half elf, Clerics and Druids. If everyone thinking of joining in wants to post what they're thinking of being, I can get my research done there too. Remember that a balanced party will need up-close-and-personal characters (hinted hint hint)
i am on 3.5 but if i can have access to the v4 rules i we can sue them or maybe one of you lot might wanna be the dnd master because i don't really mind becasue i can play my druid
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(31-10-2011, 05:26 PM)Dark Wolf Wrote: i am on 3.5 but if i can have access to the v4 rules i we can sue them or maybe one of you lot might wanna be the dnd master because i don't really mind becasue i can play my druid

Hmm... I'll bring in my notebook and everything tomorrow so that you can use the dm book, as i've found out that I may not be there next week. I'll explain tomorrow, but yeah, as I say, will bring in the stuff. Smile

Oh, and I've come up with a second character, just in case nobody goes with a melee class... He's 'Tank', a Dwarven Fighter.
Quote of the night:

Cleric: "I swing the axe, trying to break the chain"
*Low roll*
Me: You inflict 3 damage
(Next round)
Cleric: "I try to heal him"
*Rolls Nat. 1*
Me: 'You hurt him for 1 damage'
Everyone else: "Stop helping!!!"

-----
The story so far:

The characters, freshly drawn up, found themselves pulled up before the mayor of their town, and each had to try and dodge claims that they had been seen committing acts of villainy throughout the land. Once each had managed to escape in their own way, this was revealed to be a trick to test them.

The mayor was in fact testing the player's skills, before asking them to perform a task; that of rescuing his daughter from the clutches of a bandit king. The group searched his last known whereabouts and found a tunnel in the basement which led to some sort of sewer system. By moving downstream, the group chanced upon a cavern, with a ravine running through it, into which flowed the waste of the whole town.

Using various tactics, three of the group made it safely across, but Hansen, the Eladrin Fighter, was unfortunate in his footing, falling into the pit and ending up... ten feet down in a large pool of slurry.

Eventually, the group managed to continue onward, into a large room full of bandits. Using their cunning wiles and a helping of brute strength, they overpowered the bandits. Hansen searched the bodies, leading to a confrontation over who would keep the gold, a battle won by the eladrin.

The four came then upon a device, seemingly attached to a magic door, which would open when a key was placed in one of twelve slots. One of these found a treasure chest which granted one item of treasure to each party member. The latest trying of the door brought the four to a torture chamber of some sort, where chained to a wall is a man named Jim.

Through their combined efforts, the half orc and the Tiefling managed to free him, though not before the cleric had attempted to 'help' the man. Only the Eladrin seems to truly notice that there is something off about the captive...
-----

Who is Jim? What is behind the other keyholes? Will the Eladrin ever get that stain out of his clothes or the smell out of his hair? Will the cleric actually manage to heal someone? Will I learn the names of the characters? all this and more, next time!