Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Workshop Mega Paint Set
The mega paint set from GW is making a return: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...od1390098a

Quote:Whether you're painting a whole army of miniatures or a single hero to lead your troops into battle, the Mega Paint Set is the perfect kit for you. With a full complement of paints, brushes and basing equipment, it has everything you need for a great painting session (and you'll never be sat there wondering if you've got all the colours you need). Make sure you order yours quickly as this set is only available while stocks last, and last year they were snapped up very quickly indeed!

The Citadel Mega Paint Set includes the full range of 73 Citadel Paints and washes, all in a handy case with which to transport them. The set contains all 47 Citadel Colour paints, 18 Citadel Foundation paints, 8 Citadel Washes and a complete set of 10 Citadel brushes, from the Citadel Fine Detail brush to the Citadel Large Drybrush. A bottle of PVA Glue, a tub of Modelling Sand, and a tub each of Static, Glade and Scorched Grass are also included to base your painted miniatures.

The Citadel Mega Paint Set comes in a silver-grey Citadel Figure Case with custom foam inserts designed to neatly and safely transport all of the kit's contents.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
It does every year. Good quality set, although I would advise if you pick one up, so thoroughly shake each pot every fortnight. Less used colours will settle, and it then becomes a waste of paint. However I picked one up last year, and it was a brilliant purchase.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah, I saw this a couple of days ago, but forgot to post! It looks like it could be worth the money, however we already have all GW paints and all GW tools! Plus, we have around 4/5 litres of PVA!
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I have the old kit bought around '04.

Value for money ? Not sure. Out of all the paints I've probably only used 30% in the kit. (probably because I don't paint enough)

Also got the Vallejo equivalent set ready for FoW, but have been using the paints on other projects.

The citadel washes, metallics and inks that come with the set are essential but it would probably be cheaper to just buy the individual paints required for a particular task.

Final thing...you have to love the Vallejo dropper bottles saves a lot of time on brush loading when mixing paint.

[edit]
Just noticed that Vallejo sell empty dropper bottles so I'm going to start converting my citadel paints across. Bonus !
[edit]

Si