Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Navy reporting for duty...
Marine John 'Smithy' Smith hits the streets...

My first effort. Not quite finished but near enough...

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Smile Nicely done.

Not knowing the Cutlass system, do the base edges mean anything in particular?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(16-10-2011, 08:11 PM)Gareth Wrote: Smile Nicely done.

Not knowing the Cutlass system, do the base edges mean anything in particular?

Front [green], sides [yellow], rear [red], basically important in h2h and for line of sight. If you can be out of that front angle when shooting at a target the target gets negative mods, etc. I think important for the game and uber tacticianists like Andy are going to be hot on these angles and advantages.

However, this was an experiment and I thought it detratced from the model so has since been overpainted black and looking just to add some more descrete lines and prob paint his name on the 'front'.

Sorry these piccys are so BIG... I couldn't seem to preview!
i may need to look more into this system, to see if it appeals. I have found some miniatures I fancy using, but it's only worth dropping the cash, if the game is fun.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(16-10-2011, 08:41 PM)Gareth Wrote: i may need to look more into this system, to see if it appeals. I have found some miniatures I fancy using, but it's only worth dropping the cash, if the game is fun.

I think 'fun' is the spirit of this game. The bash I had Monday saw the marines take the initiative and down the female pirate's captain and her first mate with their first long range musket volley. At this the rest of the girls panicked ducking for cover. [Things immediately looked pretty much game-over and I thought I must have made a mistake with the rules.]

Only one 'lady' had courage enough to fight and she charged onto the bridge. There though stood First Officer O'Brien, a nasty piece of navy work. As she approached he whipped out his blunderbuss and at point-blank range fired... However, this lithe, mini-skirted amazon saw it coming and side-stepped the blast of nails less it ruin her knee length boots. As O'Brien watched the contents of his prize one-bang-only 'buss pepper a nearby barrel, the 'skirt' slammed him and his compatriate into the ground with cutlass and pistol.

The bridge was hers. Two hardy marines lay out-cold and bleeding, the other four marines did a double take and looked to their captain for inspiration.

As round two began the rest of the banshees from Hell Bay took the initiative, regained their courage and charged screaming towards the bridge. [Game on...]

Captain Hardy drew his blade, swallowed, and...
Models are looking great Paul - look forward to giving the girls another run out against them soon Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Great mini. You really nailed the colours, I think.

R.
Pic. looks great on a 42" plasma screen Big Grin.

Nice work Paul.

Puts mine into the jungle shade (as always).