Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malifaux in Manchester Sunday 30-10-11
Another one day event being held in Manchester. May be tempted to attend this one too.

Linky Mc-Linklink
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Linky no worky. Need to get rid of one lot of "http://" at the start.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Ah, fixed, linky worky now.
Was in the process of testing things out. I always do whenever I post. I think you are procrastinating far too much. With the amount of time you spend on these forums, you could have learnt how to weld, saving yourself a fortune for more models Tongue

Part of the problem is I am not entirely sure how to use the MacBooks trackpad yet. It takes me a few minutes to work out how I copy something, and that link never auto-over the original http:// like it normally did, rather pasted after the first, with a second one from the copy/paste existing.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(13-10-2011, 03:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: Was in the process of testing things out. I always do whenever I post. I think you are procrastinating far too much. With the amount of time you spend on these forums, you could have learnt how to weld, saving yourself a fortune for more models Tongue

Just try and get it right first time in future please. Wink

I would procrastinate, but I have far less important things to do.
(13-10-2011, 03:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: Part of the problem is I am not entirely sure how to use the MacBooks trackpad yet. It takes me a few minutes to work out how I copy something, and that link never auto-over the original http:// like it normally did, rather pasted after the first, with a second one from the copy/paste existing.

It might be down to Safari (if you're using the default Mac OS browser) not automatically selecting the existing contents of the edit field, and just sticking the cursor at the end. Or something.

its not an issue as such, just something to look for in future. Im not entirely confident using a netbook, and the magic mouse I have feels so alien after using a Logitech G9 for 4 years. So as such I am using the inbuilt track pad, but just finding it "weird." Also who the hell puts @ on 2 and " on ' ??
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(13-10-2011, 03:22 PM)Gareth Wrote: its not an issue as such, just something to look for in future. Im not entirely confident using a netbook, and the magic mouse I have feels so alien after using a Logitech G9 for 4 years. So as such I am using the inbuilt track pad, but just finding it "weird." Also who the hell puts @ on 2 and " on ' ??

Thats the US keyboard layout and it is pure evil heh. I don't know the Apple OS's at all but you should be able to change it to UK, which will also give you the £ symbol instead of $.

Sadly Manchester is a bit too far for moi right now and after drunkenly stumbling around that city for 2 hours, in the suburbs no less, I'd rather not go back unless I have to Smile

Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(13-10-2011, 05:29 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Thats the US keyboard layout and it is pure evil heh. I don't know the Apple OS's at all but you should be able to change it to UK, which will also give you the £ symbol instead of $.

If memory serves the US/UK mapping doesn't quite work the same way with Apple keyboards as it does with their PC counterparts - even their UK keyboards have a @ character printed on the key in the shift-2 position.

I think out of the box the correct keys should be assigned, but they will be in a different position to that of a PC keyboard. Apple - Think Different Smile

Bit more on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and..._keyboards
I do so love Windows Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)