Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA SAGA
SAGA is a miniatures game from Gripping Beast set in the Viking Age, mentioned at the Gloucester MiniCon meeting last night.

http://www.grippingbeast.com/shop.php?CatID=412

It uses D6 and SAGA-specific dice.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I still need have a proper mooch around the site but the models are very tempting.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Not sure if this is what one of the Evesham guys was talking about, when I attended their club. Might be as the Welsh appealed Big Grin
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Vikings? Sold!
well anything to do with history and im intrested lol but porb would just get a battle group nothing more
Saga was heavily featured in the October issue of WI.

Play tested by Rick Priestley.

I'll bring my 15mm Vikings in next week 8¬)
Moved this to the Ancients forum - I think that's the right place for it. Going to pick up the rulebook for this too I think, although I can't decide on a faction at the moment.
(15-10-2011, 02:45 PM)Stuart Wrote: Moved this to the Ancients forum - I think that's the right place for it. Going to pick up the rulebook for this too I think, although I can't decide on a faction at the moment.

I may be erring towards Anglo-Danish though I think.

It's probably an easy choie if you're basing your judgments on historcal facts, but... Welsh or Normans?
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(15-10-2011, 04:08 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: It's probably an easy choie if you're basing your judgments on historcal facts, but... Welsh or Normans?

Well let's see Luke. The Welsh were never fully concoured even by the Romans. We just fight enough to hold invaders off and retreat as far as Anglesy. As for your Normans? The Frogs were clearly good enough to beat the English and start off essentially the current system of a unified England.

So based on historical judgements, they are much stronger than your typical Vikings.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen