Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolt Action WWII Rules
This might be better suited to the Historical section, but for now...

New WWII rules from Warlord Games and Osprey Publishing, penned by Alessio Cavatore and Rick Priestly, to accompany Warlord's Bolt Action range of miniatures.

Press release: http://www.ospreypublishing.com/blog/War...nce_Partn/

Quote:Huge news for Osprey and the world of wargaming - we've teamed up with Warlord Games to produce Bolt Action, the World War II wargames rules!

(Alessio Cavatore and Rick Priestly - can I get a Booyah!!!) Here's the official press release - I'll share more information as soon as I know it!

Warlord Games and Osprey Publishing Announce Partnership

Warlord Games and Osprey Publishing are teaming up to create Bolt Action: World War II Wargames Rules. Written by veteran game designers Alessio Cavatore and Rick Priestley, Bolt Action is a fast, fun 28mm wargame that rewards tactical play, but doesn’t get bogged down with excessive tables and charts. The main rulebook is scheduled for a July 2012 release, followed by a series of books covering the armies of the major and minor powers of World War II.

John Stallard, Managing Director of Warlord Games, had this to say: “Osprey has been putting out fantastic books for wargamers for as long as I can remember, and having a chance to work with them on Bolt Action was too good an opportunity to miss. With their commitment to high production values, I know the book is going to be something special.

Richard Sullivan, from Osprey Publishing, added: ‘You would be hard pressed to find a wargaming company with more combined industry experience than Warlord Games. We are excited to work with these guys on a game that is supported by such a high quality, extensive, and continuously expanding miniatures line.

While Warlord Games has already produced the popular Black Power and Hail Caesar rules, and Osprey Publishing has worked with Slitherine on the Field of Glory series and with Ambush Alley Games on Force and Force and Tomorrow’s War rules, this will be the first foray into World War II wargaming rules for both companies.

Bolt Action: World War II Wargames Rules will be released in a full-colour hardback edition in July 2012.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."