Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citadel Finecast Tools
Few new Citadel tools from GW, apparently geared towards working with Finecast models:

The liquid greenstuff looks interesting.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(01-10-2011, 03:55 PM)Stuart Wrote: The liquid greenstuff looks interesting.

Liquid Green Stuff, or "Liquid fill the holes in your finecast models, as we are getting tired of all the mis-cast returns we are recieving, and so far this endevour into mass produced plastic resin components using the metal spin molds is not proving as big a money maker as we thought, even with the price hike in models, dispite the huge reduction in raw material cost over white metal," as it should be known.

However I will be picking a bottle up at a some stage.

Replacements for the Brush and Emery Boards are provided.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I have been slowly building up the Legion Starters Carnivean, using LGS as I go. Basically as metal models suffer a small amount of shrinkage, when the metal cools in the mold, even well fitting pieces can have gaps. As such it has been mainly used as a join filling item, but I will bring the Carnivean along on Tuesday for you too see. It may have been undercoated, hopefully making the seems in the various pieces invisible.

As for the LGS itself. The pot has a varying consistency until shake, then it becomes a think but malleable gloop. I just pull some from the pot with an old brush, and thin it down a little, with a dab of water. But so far it has been ideal for the use I have put it to, although I have tried filling a hole one of the resin crates I bought, and it does prove reluctant to fill in large holes in one go.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen