Poll: ARE you ok with using forgeworld original stuff?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
100.00%
8 100.00%
No way!
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peoples views on using forge world stuff in 40k?
Was just wondering on what peoples views on using forgeworld original stuff was?
Due to the rules on the new stuff is experimental, are people ok with you using them in a regular game?
For example, i was thinking of getting a contemptor dreadnought and some of the stuff on it is very good.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Pr...emptor.pdf
Specifically the kheres assualt cannon- 6 strength 6 rending shots and you can put 2 of them on a contemptor, so 12 strength 6 rending shots per shooting phase for a mere 30 points extra!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Go for it, would be amazing to see it used in a battle.
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
Gonna magnatise it i think, but the standard variant for me will be Contemptor with two Kheres assualt cannons and cyclone missile launcher= 240 pts.
10pts less than a landraider!
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm ok with it tbh, but i think it would always be a good idea to check with the opponent. The only forge world item i have is a grey knights dreadnought so the rules arn't actually any different, i just liked how it looked
Had a look at the rules, it can only take one assault cannon. It's possible to fit 2 as they can be used as either a left arm or right, but it would be an illegal build
its because of the cost that balances it out with ur comtenpetor drendnought u could have 2 standard ones for 105pts and u have 8 assualt shots but u do get double armour, bord control,combate potential
Tbh i think 2 standard dreadnaughts would be the way to go, it gives the enemy 2 big headaches rather than one.
Just assuming by the fact that forgeworld has loads of pictures with two assualt cannons that when the new imperial armour book with the proper rules is released it will be able to mount two(which is 30 sept or buy from games day early).
Plus like how it looks with two, though am tempted by that heavy conversion beamer. Will ask the guys tomorrow before i do get just to make sure it is a legal build.
Rather take this then two dreads as the model looks more imposing and think it would be a great distraction.
Blood bowl Skaven
It looks imposing indeed, used carefully it would probably draw out every dark lance shot i could throw at it, but if it comes to it i can always zip out of range of its cannon. 2 Dreadnaughts would be much harder to dodge. Mind you, if its got a cyclone missle launcher as well i dont think id really like having to face either option much. And i dont know about the conversion beamer, i could just rush you and take away its damage, but thats with Dark Eldar. A slower opponent wouldn't have that luxury, and high str large blast weapon not a nice prospect to face at range Tongue
Yeah, thats why i want to magnetise it, against your D. eldar(and even mech eldar) would probably switch it up and take a cyclone and plasma/lascannon with c/com weapon, against tyranids/orks its gonna be two assault cannons all day and imp guard/space marines/chaos the heavy conversion beamer is a nice tank/troop killer if i sit it right back.
Blood bowl Skaven
Yup. Planning on buying another 2 Ravagers at some point with different weapon set-ups, so next time i face you i can drop some disintergrator cannons for alot more dark lances, seen as you seem to like going vehicle heavy Tongue