Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precinct Omega paints...
A good day's work, today, has seen me so nearly finish the last three scouts.  Here they are as they stand:

[Image: 110930RAE-Trollbloods-ScoutsWIP.jpg]

There are some washes drying and I still have to sort out the loincloths and touch up a few surfaces here and there.

But as I am starting to go Scout-blind from too many Trollblood scouts, I decided to paint the Slag Troll as well:

[Image: 110930RAE-Trollbloods-SlagTrollWIP.jpg]

This guy's basically done except for his base rim and a few minor touch-ups here and there.  Talking of "touch ups", I turned him upside down to access the back of his metal loincloth and I dropped the bloody thing in shock!

This model has a great, big, hairy scrotum dangling between his legs behind the rusty loincloth.  You have been warned!

R.
Lol, wish I had a warning about the khador mounted drakhun, as his horse comes in two halves and what I thought was a large piece of flash was actually something else entirely. At least the model is anatomically correct Confused
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Having braced myself and taken a second look, it turns out to "merely" be a chainmail jockstrap. What I took to be short and curlies are actually chain links.

Ouch.

R.
I can see You are not wasting time. Keep on painting. Respect. And remember experience makes You master.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
Progress occurs!

The baby sleeps.  I paint.

The Scouts are finished at last (yay!).

[Image: 111003RAE-Trollbloods-Scouts.jpg]

I also touched up the last bits of the Slag Troll and finished the base:

[Image: 111003RAE-Trollbloods-SlagTroll.jpg]

And blitzed the Dire Troll Mauler:

[Image: 111003RAE-Trollbloods-Mauler.jpg]

I'm not 100% happy with the finish on the Mauler, so I'll probably give him another once over when I've finished the rest.  Tomorrow's target is to finish the bloody Whelps and that'll leave just Doomshaper, Mulg and the Earthborn to finish this week!

R.

P.S. Oh, and the Scout on the left? This guy.
Today's progress:

I nearly finished the Whelps:

[Image: 111004RAE-Trollbloods-Whelps2WIP.jpg]

And probably would have done them all, but I had to break up the tedium by doing something more interesting, so I made a good start on the Earthborn, too:

[Image: 111004RAE-Trollbloods-EarthbornWIP.jpg]

R.
Finished the Earthborn!

[Image: 111006RAE-Trollbloods-Earthborn2.jpg]

[Image: 111006RAE-Trollbloods-Earthborn1.jpg]

And this is my favourite shot:

[Image: 111006RAE-Trollbloods-Earthborn3.jpg]

I don't do all the painting myself. Precinct Omega has a team of talented brushmeisters who take work from us. These pieces are from a Chaos Warriors commission that I've mostly sent out to freelancers.

First, from Freelancer Simon, some Marauder Horsemen:

[Image: 111004ROS-WarriorsofChaos-MarauderHorsemen.jpg]

And today, from Freelancer Martyn, the Chosen:

[Image: 111006ROS-WarriorsofChaos-Chosen.jpg]

I also bought some Highland Tufts from Army Painter (via Total Wargamer, BTW), with which to decorate bases once everything's done. All that's outstanding for this is the Chaos Knights, the Spawn, the Hounds and the two heroes that I'm painting myself. Better get cracking!

R.
And this is the progress I made on Mulg today:

[Image: 111006RAE-Trollbloods-MulgWIP.jpg]

I'll be doing some more this evening, but the light has gone for more photos. Hopefully I'll finish this guy tonight and I can get Doomshaper done tomorrow to wrap this whole thing up. That said, there are a few snagging points I have to go over, checking back on the client's briefing - I've given a lot of them black pupils which they're apparently not supposed to have, despite the artwork that I checked against.

Also, I'm thinking of changing the glowing runes on the Runebearer to yellow rather than blue.

R.
Whee! Finished!

Sort of.

Here are the last images, but you'll notice that Doomshaper and Mulg show some shininess (shininess where they shouldn't, that it - the stuff on the back of Mulg is *supposed* to be shiny). This was a new batch of Citadel Washes and I've noticed that these have started to dry shiny in some cases and this is obviously one of those cases. I need to varnish the whole army, as it happens, so this should get sorted in the clear-up.

Then I'll go back and re-apply the gloss to Mulg's polished rocky bits.

Anyway:

The last Whelps, all done:

[Image: 111011RAE-Trollbloods-WhelpsDone.jpg]

Mulg the Ancient:

[Image: 111011RAE-Trollbloods-MulgFront.jpg]

[Image: 111011RAE-Trollbloods-MulgBack.jpg]

And, finally, the Warlock himself, Doomshaper, Wrath of Dhunia:

[Image: 111011RAE-Trollbloods-DoomshaperFront.jpg]

[Image: 111011RAE-Trollbloods-Doomshaper.jpg]

I'll try to finish this project with a "whole army" shot tomorrow.

R.
Hmmm. I have a feeling that the inner child broke out in Robey when it came to the runes, on the middle and middle-right Whelps. Someone was having fun Smile
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen