Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precinct Omega paints...
I hope you won't mind, if I'm going to be a semi-regular attendee at RedWarSoc, if I add a single thread here on the forum for me to post WIPs and occasional shots of projects.

If you'd like to see other works from Precinct Omega, the best thing to do is to go to the Project Logs section on Warseer and search for "Precinct Omega paints", as that will cover 99% of everything I've painted in the last four years.

Anyway, the whole team is working on a project to paint an army of Chaos Undivided. I've parcelled out most of the work to a variety of freelancers, but kept two models for myself: the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut, and Sigvald the Magnificent, because they are two models I've wanted to paint for ages.

I've made a start on both of them. The Jugger Lord isn't much to see right now, but here's Sigvald so far:

[Image: 110916ROS-WarriorsofChaos-SigvaldWIP.jpg]

I need to tidy up some of the shine effects, and there are various other details still awaiting proper attention (like his necklace, the gem on the shield and the little snake-thing curled around his pommel (lots of people just paint that as part of the pommel, but I decided it would be more like a familiar). Should have it finished over the weekend.

When I have time, I'll take some pics of my Infinity WIPs. I'm hoping to have them all done for Tuesday!

R.
Hair and skin excellent. Personally i would replece NMM on armour with normal metralics. Orange colour does not fit. Show back of the cloak please. Tabletop level with some extras i would say.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
No problem at all Robey, it would be great to see more of your work. I love Sigvalid's face and the highlighting on his armor. Very much looking forward to seeing more of your work first hand on Tuesday.

I'm just about to crack open the paints and tackle some more of my Cutlass crew. Flesh and cloth shading tonight - neither of which I've tackled successfully in the past!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Something I finally finished today:

[Image: 110922VAN-120Airborne-Done.jpg]

And a Trollblood Axer I'm working on:

[Image: 110922RAE-Trollbloods-AxerWIP.jpg]

R.
Love the cloth detail and shading on that first one!
For once, not a commission, but rather a force that I'm speed painting for my personal use (sadly, almost all of my own minis are speed painted on account of not having much time to paint my own stuff). These two took about 20 mins each. There's still lots to do to them both (not least, marking up the base rims with their arcs), but they're more or less ready for the tabletop at least:

[Image: 110927-Mercs-Nomad.jpg]

[Image: 110927-Mercs-Renegade.jpg]

I'll be adding another Nomad and Renegade, two Talons and, of course, Magnus (the Warlord) to this force. I don't own the rulebook yet, so have no idea how many points it is. One thing at a time!

Oh, and incidentally I got this lot, plus Karchev the Unstoppable (just for fun and probably to flog on eBay once painted) from Tim at The Miniature Side of Me blog, which I recommend as a good read and source of interesting photos of minis of all sorts.

R.
I like the weathered apperance of those warjacks, and the damage on the ridges is a nice touch.
I took 30mins out yesterday to do the bulk of the work on Magnus and the arc markers on the first two 'jacks.

Besides these, I've got one Talon built so far. I'm not sure whether I'll make much more progress very soon. I rather depends on how long it'll take me to get a game in.

EDIT: I did mean to post a pic:

[Image: 110928-Mercs-Warband.jpg]

R.
A game of Warmahordes will always await you at RedWarSoc Wink
Very nice work there Smile I really like the grizzled veteran look you've given Magnus with the grey hair. And the runes and binary on the bases is a cool touch
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus