Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Website Revamp
I'm thinking of giving the main website a bit of revamp, to move it beyond it's original purpose of just allowing people to register an interest in the club and into something more akin to a "portal" for the club. There will obviously still be details of the next meeting on there, along with links to the forum, Twitter and Facebook pages, but if you have any other suggestions then please send them my way.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'll probably get round to revamping the main site in the next week of so, and I'd like to replace the current figure on the main website with a few of those painted by members of the club - something from several of the game systems that we play, covering sci-fi, fantasy and historical. Does anyone have a model (or a few) that they'd like to submit to being photographed?
A genius idea; How about a painting competition?
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Liking that idea a lot - have your work immortalised on the RedWarSoc website (and perhaps other stationery items) for ever! Well, quite a while Smile
I'm happy to have any of my minitures photo'd, not that they're any good though.. lol

What about a banner just of the club members on the club night, similar to the pic you took the other night?

I'll probably have a slideshow of a few such images Rob, but I'd like to try and work some photos of miniatures into the site template itself in a similar manner to the current site. I've not quite got my head around how that'll work with the new site though, as I'm moving the main page to WordPress to allow us to update content easily and keep it "fresh".
Happy to have some of my miniatures photo'd if you want to and a painting comp sounds great! Would be good to focus on one or a few miniatures and paint as best I can, rather than mass painting just to get them table-top ready.

How about a terminator or squad of them and some lotr models - the fellowship/dwarves/Rohan? Those are my best painted ones I think.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Sounds great Chris. I've got a mate of mine lined up to take some photos whenever we're ready.
Happy to have any of my painted models photographed, painting comp sounds fun and a way to get me painting again!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I've got my Golden Demon entry and I've done one of my Warpath commander models - happy to have them shown if we need some more, but if we've got enough then that's alright.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)