Poll: Fancy coming along and helping out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, count me in.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Might be able to, not sure yet.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 - Sunday 29th January
The organisers of this event are planning to pay us a visit on Tuesday 20th September, along with perhaps one of the chaps from Total Wargamer. One of them might be up for a game of Infinity, time permitting, if anyone is interested?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm not around on the 20th, but best of luck.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I might be wrong (usually am) but from the email it looks like you get free entry for a maximum of 3 ppl per participation game to the event. With a single table in the initial round of allocation, further tables being allocated in the next rounds of allocation. But it all looks quite flexible atm.

Is this event pure fantasy or a general gaming event ?

If we can get 2 tables, I'd like to put on a fantasy game (warmahordes, malifaux etc) and an historical game.
(08-09-2011, 12:20 PM)Simon Wrote: I might be wrong (usually am) but from the email it looks like you get free entry for a maximum of 3 ppl per participation game to the event. With a single table in the initial round of allocation, further tables being allocated in the next rounds of allocation. But it all looks quite flexible atm.

Yeah, that was my understanding too.

(08-09-2011, 12:20 PM)Simon Wrote: Is this event pure fantasy or a general gaming event?

Given the clubs involved I think there will be a strong showing for historical games too.

(08-09-2011, 12:20 PM)Simon Wrote: If we can get 2 tables, I'd like to put on a fantasy game (warmahordes, malifaux etc) and an historical game.

Sounds good - should have plenty to discuss with the organisers on the 20th hopefully.
(08-09-2011, 11:40 AM)Gareth Wrote: I'm not around on the 20th, but best of luck.

I hope you have a very good excuse Dodgy
I could do an infinity game on the 20th
@ Simon, that sounds like a good plan of we can get the second table, show the variety of games we have at the club. (also let's more of us get in for free lol)
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Justin - Robey says he should be able to rustle up 150pts of Haqqislam, that sound OK?
(08-09-2011, 01:15 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 11:40 AM)Gareth Wrote: I'm not around on the 20th, but best of luck.

I hope you have a very good excuse Dodgy

Yes. I am chilling with The Subways, having got tickets to their gig which include sound check and meet & greet pre-gig. I have arranged (by telling work to jog on,) the Wednesday off, meaning some non-prohibition legal beverages may be consumed.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I will happily help run the Warmachine/Hordes table and do the introduction games. The Two-player battle box is an excellent idea but perhaps another idea (People and models permitting) would be to have each of the battle boxes available and people can come and choose which one they'd like to play with? Between us we have at least Khador, Menoth, Cryx, Cygnar, Skorne, Mercenaries and possibly Circle Orboros, Legion and the unofficial Retribution one.

We can have the table setup with the terrain etc and then next to it each of the Faction's starter boxes with a little folded card with the logo + name and perhaps a very brief description. How does that sound? Of course this all depends on how much room we have.

Apologies if this post seems a bit incoherrent, the TV is very distracting as I'm not use to it anymore.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Just had an invite from Robey to the first planning meeting for this event:

Place: Gloucester Centre for the Deaf, Colin Road, Barnwood, Gloucester GL4 3JL
Date: Wed 5 Oct 2011
Time: 6.30pm, estimated length 1.5 hours with gaming to follow for those who wish to stay.

Agenda attached below:

.pdf   110921-MiniCon-Meeting2Agenda.pdf (Size: 73.34 KB / Downloads: 465)

I'm planning to attend, anyone else fancy coming along?