Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Glory Of The Tau
i have thought hard about this for ages back when i got my tyranids to where they are now i wanted a shooty army to give me more flexible play styles than just run in and eat everything ( even though its very fun watching genestealers down things twice as big as them and costing more points ) so i decided to get a army the complete opposite to my tyranids but hayley was just starting to join me in my ventures to gw and i wanted to get her into it so i picked out an army that i thought she would like to play so in came my eldar but as some of you have seen she chose chaos after i'd painted the army i have now but ive always had an eye for the tau cause i love anything orriental and chinese so ive decided against my own advise to other to do a third army a go hopefully i will be able to follow this through to see a fully painted army with my signiture model conversions more to come as know more about what im going to do
great if u love chinese why not have all the chinese tea i have for when i was there and the famliy gave it to me and i didnt have the heart to tell them i dnt like tea Smile (been in my wardrobe for 3 years lol)
nah i think 3rd armys are fine in w40k and itll be fun chargeing at ur gun lines lol
and its always nice haveing a change in tactics/army composition / paint job and conversons
lol, i'm just in the process of sorting my Tau out as well, how are you going with yours? I'm going with only "proper" Tau models as i hate the kroot models. Have 3 XV88, 20 warriors 12 drones, 2 devilfish and 3 stealth suits found so far so using them as a starting point.
Probably still have my kroots from the battlebox if you want me to find them out for you?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
kroot are you mad im gonna use shooty more shooty and some BIG shooty
Same root as me then, got my eye on some broadsides on ebay at the minute.............
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
YESSSSS str 10 ap 1 whats that oh your dead oh look i seem to have made a big hole in your tank
I had a friend who played Tau for several years and I would advise not overlooking the Kroot. They are perfect for giving your gun line cover saves and not too terrible at tying up units if they try to break your lines.

and XV88s are the bees knees, str10 ap1 is the bane of a monolith
i know not to over look kroot but i want sole shooty army no combat units but thanks for the advise all the same ^_^
What about the vespids? Last I heard they were really effective space marine killers with their AP3 guns
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

i wanted to make it all tau fire caste force no allied alien help try and bring the best guns to bare with some flexible role changing battle suits hopefully be able to introduce them properly when there all painted got the snipers, three battle suits and two more teams of 10 man fire warrior sqauds left to do after i have bought them of course