Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 9th Age
Hey all,

I just wanted to share this as a place for people wanting to return to the rank o file infantry world of Warhammer Fantasy and were a little unsure of where to begin after GW killed off the franchise.

Since I returned to the hobby in May I have played a few games of Warhammers Armies Project 9th ed. and The Ninth Age (T9A).

I have enjoyed my games and having tried these versions I have found T9A to be the most balanced and most popular rendition of the Warhammer Fantasy game I used to play. It's been great to be able to dust of
my old units of goblins and get some good old fashioned carnage on the go and I'll provide some links below should any of you guys want to join in some games.

I wanted to mention this now as the T9A is about to its Beta rules set into a Golden rules set and rule freeze (possibly for 2 years) which means it is more of an accessible time to learn the game and there won't be any changes in the foreseeable future.

The 9th Age rules and army books:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?...dcf668140d

The armies all have different names to GW for copyright reasons but after a couple of minutes probing the armies books, you'll be able to find the corresponding army book quite quickly. e.g. Vampire Counts - Vampire Covenant. Most people currently play 4500pts off the Beta rules set.

Have a look and hopefully see you playing some ranks.
It was great fun playing the one game of 9th I've played with you phil. found it similar enough to 8th ed that it was easy to pick up but it was also different in new and interesting ways. Defiantly up for playing some more, if/when I can fit in some games Smile
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I’d love to dust of my Khorne Warriors of Chaos army for this!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Trying to work out how to point up my Warriors of Chaos (they're a Khorne army). There appear to be a number of "favours" rather than marks now and there's more than 4.... can't tell which one is supposed to be Khorne lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.